Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-30-2020, 08:53 PM)MikeWa Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 06:41 PM)pdaignau Wrote: How do you track money generated from selling CSPs?  Dividends / DRIPs lower the cost basis of stock I keep, but CSPs aren't necessarily tied to a holding.  I guess you treat it like new cash?

I treat all income from shares or options as a  "new money ". Everything goes to the cash bucket. I don't do drip and dividends will not affect cost basis of shares in my books. 

(01-28-2021, 02:54 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 02:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(01-28-2021, 02:33 PM)vbin Wrote: I decided to buy small GME. If I made money good otherwise I will consider it donation. So much for democracy and free market.
You picked the one with any chance.  The mob spread the fight out over too many stocks. Almost all of them will give up 90% of the gains in a week.

I joined the party 5 shares at $142. I figure mine as well join in the fun  Big Grin . If it goes to $1000 I will buy each of my kids a PS 5 LOL

I've been on the sidelines watching this and I don't even know where to begin...  Robinhood should be shutdown and/or the SEC should be replaced.  At a minimum they have to limit/stop whole sale short selling.  I almost bought a few shares of GME just to participate in the mockery, but my practical side won out.
The show is back on tomorrow apparently. There will be new rules in the end. Now burn in hell dirty pro shorts lol.

Be careful if you play. I did some fundamental analysis and the PE is getting a little high on these stocks. Smile
(01-28-2021, 07:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: The show is back on tomorrow apparently. There will be new rules in the end.  Now burn in hell dirty pro shorts lol.

Be careful if you play.  I did some fundamental analysis and the PE is getting a little high on these stocks. Smile

Do they even have a PE. I think most have no earnings and a few will nearly went bankrupt until this week  Big Grin

I'm going to write a book about this day lol

In all of this I added LMT right before the close. At some point is has to go up right. GME almost as high  Big Grin
Yeah most of them have no earnings.  We have lawsuits and Congression hearings coming. Maybe something constructive comes out of this. I'll be watching GME.  It has the pieces in place to trap shorts.  I'm sure there are new shorts now because it appeared to be contained most of the day.  They have a reasonable entry though.  I think most of the other tickers will fade soon.  We'll see.

I added a little LMT again today as well.  Other than that just bought back most of yesterday's put sales.
The madness needs it's own thread. I'm starting it now to keep this somehow on track.
I'm out of JNJ. It had a nice run but that vaccine news was not good at all
(01-29-2021, 09:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: I'm out of JNJ. It had a nice run but that vaccine news was not good at all

JNJ had said they were going to sell the vaccine for cost anyways. Good or bad, I don't think it has much impact on the company's profits.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Historically vaccines have been a negligible percentage of most big pharma company profits. I think we've just gotten used to a lot of vaccine-driven hype rallies over the past year.
(01-29-2021, 10:01 AM)EricL Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 09:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: I'm out of JNJ. It had a nice run but that vaccine news was not good at all

JNJ had said they were going to sell the vaccine for cost anyways. Good or bad, I don't think it has much impact on the company's profits.

Eric the run up was in anticipation of the Vaccine lol. The valuations leading up to that got to high. It wont be able to hold these levels. I would rather own ABBV 

Now it will just be boring, normal nice dividend JNJ without the hype and will probably pull back to the $140's

I have my eye on LHX. Hoping to get under $170 - Its almost there
Added to LDOS. It's a little above my target price of $105, but it always seems to run hot.
(01-29-2021, 10:15 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to LDOS. It's a little above my target price of $105, but it always seems to run hot.

Great company and not followed all that much in the market. Which is a good thing  Big Grin

I missed it at $105. Hoping to get in closer to $100
(01-29-2021, 10:23 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 10:15 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to LDOS. It's a little above my target price of $105, but it always seems to run hot.

Great company and not followed all that much in the market. Which is a good thing  Big Grin

I missed it at $105. Hoping to get in closer to $100

Between LDOS, LHX, and PLTR, you can basically own a chunk of the entirety of the government's IT budget. It's a tax rebate.  Big Grin 

LHX is the only one I don't own yet.