Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3655654-sq...-investing
(01-28-2021, 12:25 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I should add. I fully expect GME to crash to levels close to zero sometime soon. I hope it doesn't, but the reality is that the big guys often win in the end.

I'm just amazed by the community built around this. And I certainly hope that whatever happens, it'll cause some changes because obviously the people are not happy with how the market is being manipulated. And rightfully so.

At the very least, I expect the Robinhood IPO to erm... let's just say it might be quiet on that front for a while.
Yup, they threw their customer base under the bus when many were likely way too invested in the meme stocks.  They were all about the little investor until the chips were down.  They are going to suffer for this.  They should have let the SEC gradually bring this under control instead of folding to big money. Standby while another trading APP promises to never do this.
(01-28-2021, 12:39 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 12:25 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I should add. I fully expect GME to crash to levels close to zero sometime soon. I hope it doesn't, but the reality is that the big guys often win in the end.

I'm just amazed by the community built around this. And I certainly hope that whatever happens, it'll cause some changes because obviously the people are not happy with how the market is being manipulated. And rightfully so.

At the very least, I expect the Robinhood IPO to erm... let's just say it might be quiet on that front for a while.
Yup, they threw their customer base under the bus when many were likely way too invested in the meme stocks.  They were all about the little investor until the chips were down.  They are going to suffer for this.  They should have let the SEC gradually bring this under control instead of folding to big money. Standby while another trading APP promises to never do this.

Yeah, Robinhood would be wise not to go public if a significant percentage of their former clients can afford to buy puts at that time. It's an online riot over at WSB.
(01-28-2021, 12:39 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

One things is for sure. This will sure piss off a lot of traders and this will come back to bite Robin Hood in the butt. It wouldn't surprise me if all these stocks run up again in the next several days. This just puts more fuel in the fire. No one one is selling but they are manipulating prices into tricking you into selling.
If anyone is looking for a penny stock then TTOO is a great buy at the current prices... Based on all the reviews I've read/heard on it, this one is poised to go up.
I currently own 1000 shares @ $2.50 (went in a bit early) and its now around $1.95... but i plan to hold and have infact put in another order for 1000 shares @ 1.85

Also finally started a position with MKC, MESA, APXT this morning
(01-28-2021, 12:55 PM)saimash Wrote: If anyone is looking for a penny stock then TTOO is a great buy at the current prices... Based on all the reviews I've read/heard on it, this one is poised to go up.
I currently own 1000 shares @ $2.50 (went in a bit early) and its now around $1.95... but i plan to hold and have infact put in another order for 1000 shares @ 1.85

Also finally started a position with MKC, MESA, APXT this morning
I never do OTC penny stocks but ZOM has my interest. I won't hype them here but their website is informative with their first product release etc.
A GME insider sold a billion in stock. And last week he thought they were going BK and he might have to find another job. Thanks Reddit lol.
(01-28-2021, 02:16 PM)fenders53 Wrote: A GME insider sold a billion in stock. And last week he thought  they were going BK and he might have to find another job. Thanks Reddit lol.

Apparently he didn't get the memo about not selling. Big Grin
Pathetic.
I decided to buy small GME. If I made money good otherwise I will consider it donation. So much for democracy and free market.
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(01-28-2021, 02:33 PM)vbin Wrote: I decided to buy small GME. If I made money good otherwise I will consider it donation. So much for democracy and free market.
You picked the one with any chance.  The mob spread the fight out over too many stocks. Almost all of them will give up 90% of the gains in a week.
(01-28-2021, 02:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

(01-28-2021, 02:33 PM)vbin Wrote: I decided to buy small GME. If I made money good otherwise I will consider it donation. So much for democracy and free market.
You picked the one with any chance.  The mob spread the fight out over too many stocks. Almost all of them will give up 90% of the gains in a week.

I joined the party 5 shares at $142. I figure mine as well join in the fun  Big Grin . If it goes to $1000 I will buy each of my kids a PS 5 LOL
(01-28-2021, 02:54 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 02:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I joined the party 5 shares at $142. I figure mine as well join in the fun  Big Grin . If it goes to $1000 I will buy each of my kids a PS 5 LOL
Out of GME at $303. Not to a bad trade. Have to say I was a bit nervous ?