Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Still trying to get some REITs at my price. Sold FRT 70 strike and O 50 strike puts expiring next week. Also a MO put at 34 strike. Premiums are great (due to risk) and I am using the proceeds and a few more bucks to add small shares to PEP-EXC-WTRG-AEP-DNP.

Very gradually leaning my port towards stocks where I have the highest confidence in the Div.
Bought a starter position in DUK, just 20 shares. Also sold a PUT for some cheaper shares soon expecting them to post weak earnings.
(05-06-2020, 12:50 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Bought a starter position in DUK, just 20 shares.  Also sold a PUT for some cheaper shares soon expecting them to post weak earnings.

One of my favs. I don't buy at these levels but do add under that $75 price. 

I want to add more utilities but I'm waiting too what the earnings looks like from some of these.

I like DUK, AEP, SO, NEE  EXC and XEL 

Your EXC is getting tempting again  Big Grin

I'm watching AWK and AWR for an entry point 

Hoping all the UTES take a big hit like they did in late March
Sold TGT. Good enough profit and I don;t find it particularly undervalued. Great company and I might be back when the market figures out we are going to have a recession and stimulus checks will run out. The real reason is I spend too much time here and got caught up in the stock collecting game. I don't believe buy and ignore investing is a good idea unless the goal is be the SP500 and I know an easier way to do that strategy. Smile I'm all the way down from 45 to 42 positions. Still too many to track.
(05-06-2020, 01:24 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 12:50 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Bought a starter position in DUK, just 20 shares.  Also sold a PUT for some cheaper shares soon expecting them to post weak earnings.

One of my favs. I don't buy at these levels but do add under that $75 price. 

I want to add more utilities but I'm waiting too what the earnings looks like from some of these.

I like DUK, AEP, SO, NEE  EXC and XEL 

Your EXC is getting tempting again  Big Grin

I'm watching AWK and AWR for an entry point 

Hoping all the UTES take a big hit like they did in late March
UTES in my part of the country are sucking wind this quarter.  Notice they are all dipping.  I live in Iowa but anything with a lot of exposure  anywhere in the upper Midwest should pull back if it hasn't this week.  They are also heading green efficiently so keep them on your list.

NEE is a Momo stock so bad market days are best.  I made a lot of money on SO much cheaper so it's off the list for now.  I am in love with XEL but I own some $7.50 shares so I am biased lol.  Just nibble on the lower end of the price range.  It gets truly cheap about as often as MSFT.  They are tearing up the green plan and still making a decent profit.  I nibble AEP whenever it is down.  It's is a great UTE but they are going to suffer some in a recession since service the industrial belt.  EXC is nuke so only buy it in the lower half of range.  It will never get the love it deserves lol.  I only buy water UTEs because Eric says I have to.   Big Grin   That's been REAL decent advice.  I do trim and add just a bit at the top and bottom of range because the dividend is lame.  I'll get my dividend one way or the other lol.
Closed my CBRL short option position from a couple weeks ago for an 85% gain. Probably would have been a 100% profit if I cared to wait 9 more days but I'll live to fight another battlle. WEN is on my radar if they run much higher. I go very slow with my shorts so we'll see.
FRT is paying the next $1.05 quarterly Div. Collected only 53% of April rent. Hmmmmm. O collected 83% of APR rent.
Added a little MO
Added MO, PM, WFC
(05-06-2020, 05:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote: FRT is paying the next $1.05 quarterly Div. Collected only 53% of April rent. Hmmmmm. O collected 83% of APR rent.

I collected 100% of my April and May rents. WOO HOO, so far so good.
I saw the UTX spin-offs CARR and OTIS are included on the Aristocrat list. That waters the distinction down some to me. I realize ABBV started the same way. I guess it works until a company spins off some mediocre balance sheets.
bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities