Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-12-2020, 09:23 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 09:18 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:50 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 07:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: CAT II hurricane is over in Iowa.  Smile  Some of us have power again so I can play stock market. Yay!  Buy the food stocks as all our hoarded refrigerated food rotted lol.

At least with the power out you didn't have to watch the Twins blow another one last night!
They are choking their division lead for sure.  So much promise.  Time to get their act together.  Nobody should sweep them right now.

Same with my Astros. They lost 5 extra inning games already. Bullpen is a bunch of rookies who cant handle the pressure. Same with Bregman, Altuve and Springer who cant even hit .200... Maybe the critics were right  Big Grin But I have been a die hard fan since 1977. Nolan Ryan days. My favorite player. The Twins will be fine but there closer Rodgers not fairing any better. But this year is a crazy year. Last team standing wins  Tongue
He's been very good since he took the task.  You find out if you a real closer when you get rocked a couple times because it will happen eventually.  You have the mental toughness or you don't.  We'll know soon. And a tough year to be an Astro fan lol. They deserve the hate and they'll get through it. I'll forgive them eventually lol.
(08-12-2020, 09:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:50 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 07:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: CAT II hurricane is over in Iowa.  Smile  Some of us have power again so I can play stock market. Yay!  Buy the food stocks as all our hoarded refrigerated food rotted lol.

At least with the power out you didn't have to watch the Twins blow another one last night!
They are choking their division lead for sure.  So much promise.  Time to get their act together.  Nobody should sweep them right now.

Same with my Astros. They lost 5 extra inning games already. Bullpen is a bunch of rookies who cant handle the pressure. Same with Bregman, Altuve and Springer who cant even hit .200... Maybe the critics were right  Big Grin But I have been a die hard fan since 1977. Nolan Ryan days. My favorite player. The Twins will be fine but there closer Rodgers not fairing any better. But this year is a crazy year. Last team standing wins  Tongue
He's been very good since he took the task.  You find out if you a real closer when you get rocked a couple times because it will happen eventually.  You have the mental toughness or you don't.  We'll know soon.  And a tough year to be an Astro fan lol.  They deserve the hate and they'll get through it.  I'll forgive them eventually lol.
Thank fox there are no fans this year for my Stros huh lol 

Once Verlander and Osuna went dome that was all she wrote. The A”s are set up well for a shortened  season. And I like Rodgers. I took him in all 5 of my drafts lol
(08-12-2020, 09:39 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 09:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:50 AM)EricL Wrote: At least with the power out you didn't have to watch the Twins blow another one last night!

He's been very good since he took the task.  You find out if you a real closer when you get rocked a couple times because it will happen eventually.  You have the mental toughness or you don't.  We'll know soon.  And a tough year to be an Astro fan lol.  They deserve the hate and they'll get through it.  I'll forgive them eventually lol.
Thank fox there are no fans this year for my Stros huh lol 

Once Verlander and Osuna went dome that was all she wrote. The A”s are set up well for a shortened  season. And I like Rodgers. I took him in all 5 of my drafts lol
It will be OK eventually.  The Stros just need to eat it for a little while because the players got off too easy.  I am at least a little older than you.  My boyhood hero was Pete Rose.  What a gut punch.  I cheered for him, McGwire, Sammy, Altuve, all the stars when my team wasn't contending.  When you are born with the potential to hit .320 or 50 bombs, then please don't cheat and wreck our sport's integrity.  The rules aren't that complicated. Don't put an asterick by your accomplishments. You will get caught if you do it long enough.  I doubt you disagree with any of that.

Now back to stocks.  We need a baseball thread though.
And BTW Divmenow, just sold a GNRC put with a strike of $165. Expires next Friday. I'm a day late doing this, and if it runs away I'll use the premium I just collected to get me halfway to a small Generac generator lol. Might half to do this a couple more times so I can upgrade lol. The Generac products I already own have been very good. Wish they paid a Div.
Looks like MMM May break out. I don’t own it currently but I may today. Could run back to $200 over the next several months. Those were some good sales. Maybe they are finally back on track!
(08-13-2020, 08:07 AM)divmenow Wrote: Looks like MMM May break out. I don’t own it currently but I may today. Could run back to $200 over the next several months. Those were some good sales. Maybe they are finally back on track!

One of my core holdings, in the top5 of my port. I was very happy to add a lot in March Smile
(08-13-2020, 08:30 AM)Binary Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 08:07 AM)divmenow Wrote: Looks like MMM May break out. I don’t own it currently but I may today. Could run back to $200 over the next several months. Those were some good sales. Maybe they are finally back on track!

One of my core holdings, in the top5 of my port. I was very happy to add a lot in March Smile
It was a good buy MAR/APR along with most decent companies.  I traded it some but the patient will be rewarded someday when it returns to it's old self. 

I see CSCO is up to their tricks.  Drop next quarter's guidance, hop over the low bar, rinse and repeat.  This has been going on well before the pandemic.
ITW and CMI have been doing very well. 2 companies I bought back in March. Chart looks identical lol

MMM looks should head to $180 and then we will see where it goes. I kept putting it off from buying and then it just ran lol

I sold IRM today. I remember everyone telling me on here it was a stock they wouldn't own. Well not bad for making $1900 on it and 9 points huh lol Smile

Now the problem is where to put that money?? Hmmm.. Maybe ABBV, AFL, BAX, GPC or even T Wink
(08-13-2020, 10:25 AM)divmenow Wrote: ITW and CMI have been doing very well. 2 companies I bought back in March. Chart looks identical lol

MMM looks should head to $180 and then we will see where it goes. I kept putting it off from buying and then it just ran lol

I sold IRM today. I remember everyone telling me on here it was a stock they wouldn't own. Well not bad for making $1900 on it and 9 points huh lol Smile

Now the problem is where to put that money?? Hmmm.. Maybe ABBV, AFL, BAX, GPC or even T Wink
IRM was one I researched some and said nope I can find a better option.  Damn near everything I owned pre-pandemic ran much higher since March.  80% of what I dumped ran higher too, no matter how bad the outlook still is.  Sometimes you just have to be invested when it makes little sense.  This has been one of those times.  Many of them will likely reflect reality soon, but for now selling most significantly down in MAR-APR wasn't a great idea.
Added CSCO & PNW.
So who’s buying more T this morning at $29.84?
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(08-14-2020, 07:33 AM)divmenow Wrote: So who’s buying more T this morning at $29.84?
I sell T puts with strikes from 28 to 29.50. If the market ever has a good down day 29ish 
seems possible