Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-09-2020, 06:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 04:30 PM)vbin Wrote: Did anyone saw this: Amazon, Mall Owner Look at Turning Anchor Spaces Into Fulfillment Centers https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-and-...1596992863

Any SPG owners here ? The stock might shoot up.on the news and if the deal goes through.
This was rumored about the time Covid hit and it looked bleak for JCP.  It would seem to make sense at locations where a JCP has a huge parking lot and easy access to a major road.  Hundreds of semis and Amazon delivery trucks daily is not going to enhance the mall experience in a lot of locations where traffic is an issue.  Not that I am an Amazon logistics expert, but they move a lot of freight every day.
~ 11% up on the news. Lol
(08-10-2020, 11:16 AM)vbin Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 06:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 04:30 PM)vbin Wrote: Did anyone saw this: Amazon, Mall Owner Look at Turning Anchor Spaces Into Fulfillment Centers https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-and-...1596992863

Any SPG owners here ? The stock might shoot up.on the news and if the deal goes through.
This was rumored about the time Covid hit and it looked bleak for JCP.  It would seem to make sense at locations where a JCP has a huge parking lot and easy access to a major road.  Hundreds of semis and Amazon delivery trucks daily is not going to enhance the mall experience in a lot of locations where traffic is an issue.  Not that I am an Amazon logistics expert, but they move a lot of freight every day.
~ 11% up on the news. Lol

It's just a rumor and AMZN isn't going to fill all the empty spaces in the mall lol.  I have been to 4 Simon malls over the past few weeks and more then 50% of spaces are empty in the mall. That can't be good for SPG going forward. Malls are dead. Sell 0n the news Wink
Strip mall tenants are hanging signs here and we didn't lock down a month. No REITS for me until the market gets a grip on 2021 reality. Please stop me if I even get tempted lol
Here comes the airlines and cruise ships. Buy buy buy!! I think I will go in for 500 CCL this morning. RCL bookings are sold out, CCL cruising next month and people are flying much more. Did the corona just disappear?? Here comes the run lol
Bought some GOLD and EGO on dip at the open.
Added to GOLD as well. CARR, GD, ABBV and CHWY

Sold out of TGT
Added to GOLD and BAX
CAT II hurricane is over in Iowa. Smile Some of us have power again so I can play stock market. Yay! Buy the food stocks as all our hoarded refrigerated food rotted lol.
(08-12-2020, 07:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: CAT II hurricane is over in Iowa.  Smile  Some of us have power again so I can play stock market. Yay!  Buy the food stocks as all our hoarded refrigerated food rotted lol.

Don’t forget to buy the GNRC of the world too lol
(08-12-2020, 07:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: CAT II hurricane is over in Iowa. Smile Some of us have power again so I can play stock market. Yay! Buy the food stocks as all our hoarded refrigerated food rotted lol.

At least with the power out you didn't have to watch the Twins blow another one last night!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-12-2020, 08:50 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 07:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: CAT II hurricane is over in Iowa.  Smile  Some of us have power again so I can play stock market. Yay!  Buy the food stocks as all our hoarded refrigerated food rotted lol.

At least with the power out you didn't have to watch the Twins blow another one last night!
They are choking their division lead for sure.  So much promise.  Time to get their act together.  Nobody should sweep them right now.
(08-12-2020, 09:18 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:50 AM)EricL Wrote:

They are choking their division lead for sure.  So much promise.  Time to get their act together.  Nobody should sweep them right now.

Same with my Astros. They lost 5 extra inning games already. Bullpen is a bunch of rookies who cant handle the pressure. Same with Bregman, Altuve and Springer who cant even hit .200... Maybe the critics were right  Big Grin But I have been a die hard fan since 1977. Nolan Ryan days. My favorite player. The Twins will be fine but there closer Rodgers not fairing any better. But this year is a crazy year. Last team standing wins  Tongue