Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-23-2017, 12:56 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 09:56 AM)EricL Wrote: Looks like I may have bought your shares. 

Opened a new position in NKE this morning.
Lets check back in a year and see which one does better.   CVX (3.98% 108.29)  vs NKE (1.3% 54.61)

I like your CVX buy, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it did better over the next 12 months. I am already filled out on energy though (including CVX), and have been watching NKE for a couple years waiting for it to come down to fair value. Best of luck with your purchase!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-23-2017, 12:56 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 09:56 AM)EricL Wrote: Looks like I may have bought your shares. 

Opened a new position in NKE this morning.
Lets check back in a year and see which one does better.   CVX (3.98% 108.29)  vs NKE (1.3% 54.61)

Maybe we should check back in 10 or 20 years. At least I'm buying for that time frame Wink
I've been looking at CVX and XOM too. Those who follow them since a while - isn't the dividend in danger?
XOM is the safer dividend of the two. Neither is in danger in my opinion. Both can borrow to keep the dividend intact.
(03-23-2017, 03:06 PM)ChadR Wrote: XOM is the safer dividend of the two.  Neither is in danger in my opinion.  Both can borrow to keep the dividend intact.

That's my point - they issue debt to cover the dividends. Isn't this something you don't want?
Apple has been issuing debt to pay their dividend. Though in this case, it's because they don't want to pay the tax to bring their foreign money into the US. As long as their debt is manageable, I'm OK with it for the short term. Oil will bounce back, it always does. Just like it will drop once it gets too high. Very cyclical.
(03-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 11:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Looking at TGT and wondering how low it can go...yielding 4.4% now with reduced expectations.
I'm expecting resistance at 50.

Could Target be the new Sears?

Speaking about Sears Holding Corp., it's been seeing heavy inside buying plus it made it in the top 10 buys (percentage wise) among the big boys the last 3 months or so. Maybe for the real estate part of the business?
WPC at 61.30.
Added a little NUE, UPS and VZ today.
Picked up 30 shares of CSCO. A new position.
What happened to the market today? I looked at it in the morning and almost every company on the SP500 was on the green (apart from WBA) and looked again now and it's all negative.

Did the economy go into recession mode from 10 am to 4 pm EST?
(04-05-2017, 03:10 PM)Rasec Wrote: What happened to the market today? I looked at it in the morning and almost every company on the SP500 was on the green (apart from WBA) and looked again now and it's all negative.

Did the economy go into recession mode from 10 am to 4 pm EST?

FED playing open cardsSmile