Dividend Growth Forum
What Did You Buy Today? - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What Did You Buy Today? (/showthread.php?tid=699)

What Did You Buy Today? - rapidacid - 10-10-2014

If it's not against policy I'd like to keep a running thread going for people to post, if they wish, what their most recent purchase was. I know there's too many stocks to keep constant tabs on so I like the idea of being reminded of ideas others are looking at.

I bought QCOM @ 71.51 today.

QCOM was already my 13th largest holding but I think the risk / reward going forward is worth the additional dollars. I would've liked to add more of something with a larger yield like MO, ARLP, COP or OHI ... but in the end I've spent the most time recently looking at QCOM and liking what I see.

[Image: W4phwfx.png]

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - Roadmap2Retire - 10-10-2014

Wish I had more cash on hand. Would love to buy QCOM at these levels. I bought CVX. Details here.

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - EricL - 10-10-2014

Great idea for a thread to keep it centralized.

I'm out of investable cash at the moment, but there are getting to be plenty of great buys out there, especially in energy.

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - ChadR - 10-10-2014

I'm also out of funds at the moment. Hopefully the market doesn't come roaring back before I can make my next purchase.

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - fredr142 - 10-10-2014

I picked up some XOM.

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - Dividend Watcher - 10-10-2014

We have about 4% in cash right now. Not averse to putting it to work but I'm such a cheapskate I just want a bargain now.

Nothing purchased this week. Had some lowball limit orders in for HP, ESV & GE but none triggered. Bring back the flash crash. Tongue Also looking to add to OHI, O, WPC or open a position in SO but none of them would cooperate. I don't think BBL has found a psychological bottom yet but thinking of adding here too.

One homework assignment this weekend is to do a GE/EMR comparison. EMR dropped just enough to pique my interest. Lost it to a covered call several years ago and it took off from there.

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - Jimbo - 10-11-2014

Have not purchased yet, but looking hard at ORI and BP and with a little more drop, just might own some next week.

I ,must say, this roller coaster ride is making me dizzy. LOL

Jim

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - earthtodan - 10-11-2014

Oh man, I could spam this thread. With 100 free trades per month at MerrillEdge and cash on hand, I've been averaging (mostly down) into stocks little by little on a daily basis.

Recently I've been building a position in Quanta Services (PWR), which is a specialized construction company that builds grid projects. As one of the few major players in this space they have a wide moat, and they have a large backlog and no debt. They don't pay a dividend but they are buying back shares.

Matching my investments in PWR with purchases of CBI, since CBI is somewhat similar but drastically on sale. I consider this a 1 year swing trade.

Started a position in TD under $50

Also chasing down UTX

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - fredr142 - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 01:13 PM)earthtodan Wrote: Oh man, I could spam this thread. With 100 free trades per month at MerrillEdge and cash on hand, I've been averaging (mostly down) into stocks little by little on a daily basis.

Recently I've been building a position in Quanta Services (PWR), which is a specialized construction company that builds grid projects. As one of the few major players in this space they have a large moat, and they have a large backlog and no debt. They don't pay a dividend but they are buying back shares.

Matching my investments in PWR with purchases of CBI, since CBI is somewhat similar but drastically on sale. I consider this a 1 year swing trade.

Started a position in TD under $50

Also chasing down UTX

I'm fortunate to have the 100 free trades a year as well. Not nearly as good as 100 a month...but not bad. I got into Wells Fargo Advisors and have had 100 free every year since. I don't use that many, but it is nice to be able to add to my positions on dips without paying fees.

RE: What Did You Buy Today? - Joey Batz - 10-13-2014

Bought XOM, TRV, TIS, LTC, and SSW the other day. Looking at SWK and BDX, but they are too expensive right now.