Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I took a new position in BAC today and added to QCOM and CMCSA
(03-17-2017, 10:30 AM)divmenow Wrote: I took a new position in BAC today and added to QCOM and CMCSA

I bought some LB. I don't like retail but almost a 5% yield now I thought it was worth a gamble.
Doubled my BAC position which reduced my "profit" in this ticker from + ~60% to ~30%.
Looking at TGT and wondering how low it can go...yielding 4.4% now with reduced expectations.
(03-21-2017, 11:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Looking at TGT and wondering how low it can go...yielding 4.4% now with reduced expectations.
I'm expecting resistance at 50.

Could Target be the new Sears?
(03-08-2017, 12:08 AM)Rasec Wrote: Added to a few of my positions: AFL, UPS, SBUX, KO, VZ, XOM, GE

(03-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 11:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Looking at TGT and wondering how low it can go...yielding 4.4% now with reduced expectations.
I'm expecting resistance at 50.

Could Target be the new Sears?

Like the adds for AFL, UPS, SBUX, KO, VZ, XOM and GE.  Had all of them for years.

If TGT drops to $48 it will be at the low end of its P/E of 12 for next years earnings.
And we're back at buying Nike, I guess!
(03-22-2017, 09:21 AM)Rasec Wrote: And we're back at buying Nike, I guess!

I'm not too comfortable with NKE. They are losing market share to adidas and others. That conference call was not good at all, and they even said they are losing to competitors. Foot Locker FL to me is the only place to invest if you want to be in the sneaker business. They are hitting on all cylinders and its only trading at a 14 PE. On another note I bought some MO today. I dont know how many times I turned down buying this stock over the last 6 months. I figured mine as well buy. It's probably headed to $80 lol
I agree with you sold my share this morning. Did not want to hold this one with only a 1.2% div and wait for it to recover. Going to buy more shares of CVX (4% div) tomorrow.
Looks like I may have bought your shares. 

Opened a new position in NKE this morning.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
added CVX, 4% yield
(03-23-2017, 09:56 AM)EricL Wrote: Looks like I may have bought your shares. 

Opened a new position in NKE this morning.
Lets check back in a year and see which one does better.   CVX (3.98% 108.29)  vs NKE (1.3% 54.61)