Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-18-2016, 12:25 PM)jim Wrote: I am now a proud owner of 600 shares of FLO, paid between 14.6 to 15.3. Bought my most recent lot last Friday. I would add a few more if prices drop further but it looked like someone have been accumulating it big time based on the price action seen last week.

Welcome to the club! Great yield and I'm sure they're going to be just fine long term.
Bought more WFC today, it's by far my biggest position now and I'm slightly overweight, which I'm ok with for now. 

Here's a graph with my holdings by weight (5% would be sort of a cap). It shows current Market value, not Cost Basis!

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_09_21_at_08_13_46.png]
Now a proud owner of DIS!

Was really torn with only enough capital to open one position.
It was a toss up between;

WFC
MO
DIS

But figured with a longer term horizon (30Years) that Disney would offer the most growth.

What do you guys think of this choice?
I think DIS is your best choice of the three. It's valuation looks good and I think 10%+ EPS growth is likely to continue going forward.

I'm wary of banks in the current environment of low growth and low rates. If they aren't making much in a decent economy, I'm a bit worried what happens if we hit recession again. I still own WFC, but not interested in adding yet.

I really like MO, but valuation is pretty stretched right now. Still though, a 3.9% yield with 8% growth is a heck of a stock, regardless of price.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I like your choice. I feel that MO is overvalued currently. Would have a slight lean to WFC over DIS if it wasn't for the current scandal that they're going through.
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm looking to open a position in MO if the price is right after another rate rise.
I feel the valuation is being propped by those looking for yield as opposed to value.

Lewys
I'm waiting for DIS to hit ~$90 for another ~20% purchase. My cost basis is ~$98 so I'm happy to ACD!
(09-21-2016, 04:21 PM)Rasec Wrote: I'm waiting for DIS to hit ~$90 for another ~20% purchase. My cost basis is ~$98 so I'm happy to ACD!

Any reason as to $90?
(09-22-2016, 06:28 AM)DividendDragon Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 04:21 PM)Rasec Wrote: I'm waiting for DIS to hit ~$90 for another ~20% purchase. My cost basis is ~$98 so I'm happy to ACD!

Any reason as to $90?

~$90, technically $89ish ! It would equal a 10% drop from my cost basis.
I would love to buy DIS at $89. I always buy DIS when it's in the low $90's, or below 15x earnings.
(09-18-2016, 05:18 PM)DividendDragon Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 12:25 PM)jim Wrote: I am now a proud owner of 600 shares of FLO, paid between 14.6 to 15.3. Bought my most recent lot last Friday. I would add a few more if prices drop further but it looked like someone have been accumulating it big time based on the price action seen last week.

Welcome to the club! Great yield and I'm sure they're going to be just fine long term.

Thank you. Because what you said (just kiddingSmile I added another 100 last Friday after seeing that there were periods in the past when FLO temporarily paused its earning growth trajectory then resumed soon afterward. I've got the feeling I would never have to sell this stock.
Started a position in Lowes.