Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-07-2016, 01:36 PM)Rasec Wrote: Put an order for KR at $29.99 (psychological barrier), let's see if it hits!
I think it's headed for the low twenties or possibly even below that. The stock price is acting very similar to the last time it split and at that time it was dead money for years. However, the company seems to care about growing the dividend but the low yield may not be worth your wait.
Still no one is buying anything?
Nope I did all my buying in the past few weeks. Wish I has that cash back now lol. I'm in for 25+ years so guess it's all good moving forward even if we drop another 10-15%.
Bought some MO last Friday, eyeballing LOW, DG, CVS, and more DIS once they hit my threshold.
(09-13-2016, 03:30 PM)Rasec Wrote: Still no one is buying anything?

I've been tempted by DIS.

I spent my money on UK stocks on the Brexit dips.

I'm just accumulating cash at the moment hoping for a correction.

If nothing transpires after next fed meeting I'll just continue to buy Smile!
I am tired of waiting so yesterday I took the red as a sign and bought more of my smaller holdings, or positions where I see there's more value, I bought: ABT, EMR, VZ, GILD, KO, SO, DUK, CL and GE. None is new to my book.
I bought a little APPL. Were in a up cycle now and $140 could be on the horizon. It's cheap too!
After crunching numbers for 4 months now to produce a shopping list, I am back to what I had in mind in May already ... Banks and Biotech. RY, TD, BNS and WFC. Yet I havent made the detailed analysis nor calculated buy prices. Thinking about getting smaller entry positions of all of them. After I missed out on the Brexit (over number crunching), I get a little nervous not to miss again. ;-)
If you have a long term outlook like 10-15 years really doesn't matter if you buy today, tomorrow or a month from now. You may be down a bit but when you buy high quality companies over time you will do very well and you will kick yourself for not buying now. The market can't be timed and when every says sell sell sell now like most are; it's time to add to positions. My latest buys although not at there lows were DG, GILD, JNJ, BMY, DIN, DIS, APPL, NKE and MO. I'm not worried if they go down further. I like my entry points.. GL with your banks. I only own 2. WSFS and MTB. I'm looking to add 1-2 more myself.
Bought more Northview REIT yesterday. Not really a DGI stock as I expect the dividend to remain the same at least for the next year or two but it's one of the main pillars of my portfolio anyway.

also looking at getting some more WFC sooner or later.
Cardinal Health (CAH)
I am now a proud owner of 600 shares of FLO, paid between 14.6 to 15.3. Bought my most recent lot last Friday. I would add a few more if prices drop further but it looked like someone have been accumulating it big time based on the price action seen last week.