Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I still hadn't spent my July shopping money. None of it really.
So, on a whim I decided to only buy stuff from Canada. Big Grin
ERE.un
BCE.to
TD.to
Sold out of LHX and divided up the proceeds between GD and APD

I made a nice profit on LHX after getting my cost basis down to $158. I just never liked the way this thing traded.
(07-22-2020, 12:46 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of LHX and divided up the proceeds between GD and APD

I made a nice profit on LHX after getting my cost basis down to $158. I just never liked the way this thing traded.

Smart minds think a like lol. I too added to GD and also took positions in ITW and ETN

Regarding LHX. I hear you. I own some shares but I'm not too crazy about management.  I owned HRS for a long time. Missed those days. I may sell as well heading into earnings on the 29th. My break even point is $82 so I have room to play with. But like I said I'm just not too happy with this merger. 

If I sell where would I put the proceeds?? T lol
(07-22-2020, 12:56 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 12:46 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of LHX and divided up the proceeds between GD and APD

Smart minds think a like lol. I too added to GD and also took positions in ITW and ETN

Regarding LHX. I hear you. I own some shares but I'm not too crazy about management.  I owned HRS for a long time. Missed those days. I may sell as well heading into earnings on the 29th. My break even point is $82 so I have room to play with. But like I said I'm just not too happy with this merger. 

I own a lot of LHX.  It will run for sure if I sell it so I may start trimming around 190.  They are a pure defense play.  They'll be OK.
I quite like LHX. It's not a huge position for me, but I've been adding to it a lot in the past months.
$160, $170, $180, it's all buy territory for me.
Look at WHR go. Up $12 After hours. Who said boring old companies can’t go up lol
(07-22-2020, 03:14 PM)divmenow Wrote: Look at WHR go. Up $12 After hours. Who said boring old companies can’t go up lol

One of those companies in my port that I bought as a pure contrarian play in which I myself didn't believeSmile And is in green and I have no idea why Smile Looking at those earnings I don't see a reason to go up. Well, yes, the decline will not be as bad as expected, hooooray!
(07-22-2020, 03:22 PM)Binary Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 03:14 PM)divmenow Wrote: Look at WHR go. Up $12 After hours. Who said boring old companies can’t go up lol

One of those companies in my port that I bought as a pure contrarian play in which I myself didn't believeSmile And is in green and I have no idea why Smile Looking at those earnings I don't see a reason to go up. Well, yes, the decline will not be as bad as expected, hooooray!
It's a 3+ week wait for a LOT of WHR appliances at the home centers here (starting around Memorial Day).  Next quarter should be better as they try to restock the supply channels.  The US is binging on appliances and lumber for outdoor summer projects.

You're too late. T made earnings and now you're going to miss the rocket ship ride to $31.50.   Big Grin   Seriously though it doesn't look like an awful quarter.  Airlines, hotels and oil will be the rough reports, but I think the market will see a light at the end of the tunnel for energy.
(07-23-2020, 06:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

You're too late. T made earnings and now you're going to miss the rocket ship ride to $31.50.   Big Grin   Seriously though it doesn't look like an awful quarter.  Airlines, hotels and oil will be the rough reports, but I think the market will see a light at the end of the tunnel for energy.

You sure about that. It’s already back under $30  Big Grin
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(07-23-2020, 08:33 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 06:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

You sure about that. It’s already back under $30  Big Grin
Of course I'm not sure lol.  All my puts are strike 28 or 29 so I'm good as a T shareholder can be lol.
Added some MSFT. That was a hell of a report and it will most likely hit new highs in a week. MSFT is not affected at all by the pandemic. This stock is cheap if you compare it to most other techs stocks lol. Cloud and games is where the growth is. MSFT just became my #4 holding. My average price is snow at $27 after the 2 stock splits I had. And have 20 shares in stock certificates which is unheard of lol

I sold my remaining NKE and TSCO

I'm down to COST and TGT now in retail lol