Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-30-2015, 04:00 PM)jim Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 03:51 PM)ChadR Wrote: Picked up 43 shares of BBL today.   New position.  Didn't have a Materials position, and this is a great entry price.

I've been looking at BBL for a while, but a bit concerned about a possibe div cut even though I dont think they going to do that. Wonder why you think it is a good entry price?

If they do cut their dividend and the stock price takes a hit, I'll be scooping up more shares.
Does Australia withhold taxes on BBL?
Initiated position in ADM
I believe that the market has already priced in a dividend cut for BBL (could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time). Commodity prices are at very low prices. Yes they and BBL's stock price could go lower. I had the cash available for a purchase and I was missing materials in my portfolio. This is a beaten down stock that is still making money. The fundamentals haven't changed for the company. Yes the disaster in Brazil has occurred and the fines could be high, but they will drag it out in court for years like BP, XOM, etc have done. Getting in at $24.28/share to me is a good deal. In 20 years, I doubt I will be upset with this purchase. Good news is that it's up today.
(12-01-2015, 10:19 AM)Rasec Wrote: Does Australia withhold taxes on BBL?

Not on bbl, but on bhp.
Initiated a position in NXPI ... it doesn't pay a dividend ... yet

Will there be a bottom for KMI!? Every time I buy a bit more it drops another $3... I'm starting to think it's all my fault Tongue
(12-02-2015, 10:44 AM)Rasec Wrote: Will there be a bottom for KMI!? Every time I buy a bit more it drops another $3... I'm starting to think it's all my fault Tongue

Buy it a few more times and then I'll jump in! Big Grin
I averaged down on WMT
Added more KMI today.
Kind of unintentionally bought 25 shares of HSY, had a GTC order which I thought was set at $83 but apparently was $85 so it went through today. I could swear I inserted the order at $83 but I can live with it.

Edit: Another GTC just went through, TGT at $72, 30 shares.

These are 2 new positions.
(12-02-2015, 12:11 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 10:44 AM)Rasec Wrote: Will there be a bottom for KMI!? Every time I buy a bit more it drops another $3... I'm starting to think it's all my fault Tongue

Buy it a few more times and then I'll jump in! Big Grin

Good thing I'm not buying in, the company would be bankrupt. Sad
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan