Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Looks as if last Friday AT&T hit my limit order. That pretty much summed up my buys for this year, there might be one or two tiny buys in december but that is just reinvesting the dividends.
(11-18-2015, 01:50 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Looks as if last Friday AT&T hit my limit order. That pretty much summed up my buys for this year, there might be one or two tiny buys in december but that is just reinvesting the dividends.

AT&T is what I'm scooping up whenever it's below $33 lately.
GIS, AGU, OHI, O
(11-18-2015, 05:01 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 01:50 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Looks as if last Friday AT&T hit my limit order. That pretty much summed up my buys for this year, there might be one or two tiny buys in december but that is just reinvesting the dividends.

Hasn't T been below 33 about as much as over 33 this year?
Picked up 50 shares of KMI today.

Thinking of dumping QCOM. I don't like the fact that they cut their royalties in South Korea while negotiating with China. Then why not everyone else? What do you think?

BLTN
(11-27-2015, 09:29 PM)BLTN Wrote: Picked up 50 shares of KMI today.

Thinking of dumping QCOM. I don't like the fact that they cut their royalties in South Korea while negotiating with China. Then why not everyone else? What do you think?

BLTN

Most of their operations/revenue come from Asia-Pacific. According to 2014 annual report (2015 annual report isnt out yet), the revenue breakdown is as follows:
China: 49.42%
Taiwan: 10.79%
S.Korea: 20%
US: 3.24%
Other: 16.5%

Asia-Pacific makes more than 80% of revenue. Maybe Taiwan is next?
(11-25-2015, 09:12 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 05:01 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:

Hasn't T been below 33 about as much as over 33 this year?

Yes, it has.  At some point during all four quarters this year, you could have bought T for under $33.
I was getting nervous with the money sitting in the bank account mocking me and I was starting to have stupid ideas like buying a new TV or a much needed drone Huh Huh ... so before I bought something stupid I nibbled a few more stocks. 

Bought small positions on VTR and HCN - New positions.
Bought a bit more O + VZ + HCP

And also created limit orders for GPC (new) + TGT (new) + KMI + ED + CL + T. 

Having 100 free trades with ME makes me a lot less nervous about buying small positions. With Vanguard I had to consider the $7 per trade so I only purchased halves and full positions, now it feels a lot better to go shopping for smaller positions.
Picked up 43 shares of BBL today. New position. Didn't have a Materials position, and this is a great entry price.
(11-30-2015, 03:51 PM)ChadR Wrote: Picked up 43 shares of BBL today.   New position.  Didn't have a Materials position, and this is a great entry price.

I've been looking at BBL for a while, but a bit concerned about a possibe div cut even though I dont think they going to do that. Wonder why you think it is a good entry price?
I added to my XOM position.

Commenting on above posts:
1) I have also been picking up T when it gets down in the $33 range.
2) BBL has over a 10% yield right now, but their dividend is higher than their earnings. We are still finding out more impacts from the mining disaster.
More IBM