Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-14-2021, 03:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote: [quote pid='28050' dateline='1628875756']
Sold CC ON pltr. MU starting to look v interesting.
It usually does many months before the bottom.  Pretty sure it's the most deeply cyclical quality company I have ever followed.  You can make 50-100% in a year or two if you don't jump in too soon.  I won't be at all shocked if it heads for $50.  PE is still high compared to historical.  I've seen it trade at 5 PE.  They are still manufacturing a commodity.  

Anyone have any updated thoughts on SOFI since earnings report?  I've successfully sold options on the drop but I am seriously considering it as a spec I am willing to hold a few years if necessary.  I have zero spec shares now and this looks like a decent one.
[/quote]

MU is a buy @ 10 P/E, above that there isn't enough margin of safety
[/quote]
It usually does many months before the bottom.  Pretty sure it's the most deeply cyclical quality company I have ever followed.  You can make 50-100% in a year or two if you don't jump in too soon.  I won't be at all shocked if it heads for $50.  PE is still high compared to historical.  I've seen it trade at 5 PE.  They are still manufacturing a commodity.  

Anyone have any updated thoughts on SOFI since earnings report?  I've successfully sold options on the drop but I am seriously considering it as a spec I am willing to hold a few years if necessary.  I have zero spec shares now and this looks like a decent one.
[/quote]

MU is a buy @ 10 P/E, above that there isn't enough margin of safety
[/quote]
Yeah, maybe you can give it a point or two more because the market is loco but that's about it.  You can always wait out MU if you mess up but it's more fun to make a quick 50-100% if you get the timing anywhere near close to right.  New bag holders for years every time it tops out and the falling knife takes new victims.
@Fenders - what do you think a fair price is for UWMC?
I haven't researched it. Sorry.
Sold out of pfe and put the proceeds in CAH.
Bought SRG, and sold puts in it. Listened to Guy spier's talk in it and based on the trend I see arround I think it's deep value trading at huge discount right now.

Sold a baba and LMT put.

Just saw burry bought calls on cah and added more cvs calls and stocks. Dalio and Burry both went heavy on consumer Staples, rotation coming?
(08-16-2021, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I haven't researched it. Sorry.

It is -44.44% year to date.  I think he likes the 5.56% yield, but it's eroding.  Not long enough track history to make any further judgments.
Added to OHI at $34 and change today. I has sold a while back near the highs. Just half a position now in case it goes below $30 over the next several months.

Main reasons for stock price drop:
1) Delta variant is scaring people to sell
2) Some tenants starting to not pay rent
3) Florida SNFs are struggling because Florida is not supporting them as much as other states
4) OHI announced stock sale recently to raise cash

But this is when you add on dips lol
Bought more tencent
(08-16-2021, 01:31 PM)MrFortune Wrote: But this is when you add on dips lol

I'll second that -- I bought a pile of OHI in March 2020 as the pandemic set in!
(08-16-2021, 12:14 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

It is -44.44% year to date.  I think he likes the 5.56% yield, but it's eroding.  Not long enough track history to make any further judgments.

If I am not mistaken, they are the largest mortgage broker in the nation, ahead of Rocket. I realize the word mortgage is not the most enticing word right now, but at some point the stock will be a value. I am just trying to figure out where this point is :-)
Genester Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 12:14 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

If I am not mistaken, they are the largest mortgage broker in the nation, ahead of Rocket. I realize the word mortgage is not the most enticing word right now, but at some point the stock will be a value. I am just trying to figure out where this point is :-)

I'd like to know where you are getting your information.  This isn't my area, but UWM Holdings has a market cap of 12 billion.  Wells Fargo, on the other hand, has a market cap of 200 billion.  This is from 2019 https://www.statista.com/statistics/9386...value-usa/ 
(yesterday) added to

sofi

tdoc