Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(08-12-2021, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 07:34 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 07:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote: My first idea is control thyself and don't buy a full position in LLY all at once.  It's an expensive stock right now.  Yes it's a good company long-term.  BTW they went; ex-div today so you might get a small discount this morning.

Yes I estimate a 75% chance they go for a dip for a bit before rising again. 

I might get some more Target too today.  I just love the stock!
Yeah TGT is dirt cheap too.  Smile  Actually they have a reasonable PE even after the multiple year run.  Their growth rate has been restored like they are a ten year old company again.  Better future over the next few years than even HD IMO.

Mission accomplished.  Starter position in LLY, bumped up MSFT, AAPL, and TGT.  Next batch of cash will go to more LLY and the income etfs.
(08-12-2021, 07:37 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Hey Divmenow.  I just noticed  ZOM reported.  $4.7M loss on $15K revenue.  What?  Did they sell like one of their new machines with an extended warranty last quarter?  This stock will be selling for a dime when they start selling shares again to make payroll.

One of the names you recommended as your SPEC  Big Grin

This company is done. Look for a reverse split. Hopefully no one hold this anymore here and sold when it was above $2 LOL

Maybe in 10 years this will be back to $2. But like some of us here. 10 years is a long time  Big Grin

From CEO

Robert Cohen, Chief Executive Officer of Zomedica stated that, “I fully understand and appreciate that what all of our stakeholders, both internal and external, want to see is continued execution on our goals and the building of increased value in our business. For quite some time now, we have been focused on executing on the many behind the scenes activities necessary to advance and grow a young company. After a delay due, in part, to the unexpected sale of our distribution partner and the lack of completion of the fT4 and ACTH assays from our development partner, we have implemented a new plan to place TRUFORMA Instruments in veterinary clinics. 
Finally did a little buying

Added V and BX
(08-12-2021, 09:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: Finally did a little buying

Added V and BX

BX looks like a great stock tip!

V I looked at the other day; PE in the 50s, low growth year to date.  What's the draw?
Added to VICI and SPTN.
I never bought any ZOM. The narrative sounded interesting but it launched while I was researching it. All they are selling is shares to cover payroll after 5 years.
Added more SMG
Added some ANTM today on this rare dip.

I'm trying to focus on growthier dividend names with smaller yields.

On the other hand, looking at my portfolio, GIS, ED and VZ are all candidates for the chop due to their poor growth prospects. I don't feel they fit in a mid-late 30 guy's portfolio.
[quote pid='28036' dateline='1628785081']
Added some ANTM today on this rare dip.

I'm trying to focus on growthier dividend names with smaller yields.

On the other hand, looking at my portfolio, GIS, ED and VZ are all candidates for the chop due to their poor growth prospects. I don't feel they fit in a mid-late 30 guy's portfolio.
[/quote]
I'm much older and not interested in those names.  They always remain on my watchlist though.  It may takes years but a few of them stumble every year.  Get the yield up 30% higher than today and you have a stock that will almost surely bounce back most of the way back up.  I don't understand the attraction to zero growth utilities at all.  It's too easy to find a 5-7% consistent grower.  Pull up a 10yr chart for WEC or XEL.  Add ED to your graph.  The difference in total return is eye opening.  Look at the periods when the market takes UTEs down for awhile.  ED is never spared.  

If interest rates rise all UTEs will get hit with the index.  I am not telling you to buy today but they are as solid as most DGI stocks.
Sold all of my AEP. It was actually my largest position. Mostly just streamlining my portfolio but I tripled down on AEP and a few other during the UTE crash this spring. Ex Div a few days ago. My favorite sector, but this just doesn't seem like the time to be overweight. I'll get a chance to add to my favorite UTEs soon enough.

I think I have trimmed four tickers this week. A long way to go.
(08-12-2021, 01:24 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 10:31 PM)texsubmariner Wrote: Took some people's advice and jumped in the deep end.

I bought (about $2k of each) JNJ, LHX, XOM, and just to compare SCHD,

Thinking of buying O tomorrow.

Hopefully this starts me on a journey I've always dreamed of doing.

Thanks for advice everyone.
That's a good start.  Take your time and try to learn a little with each purchase.  Ask yourself why you are adding a particular stock.  What does it add to the port?  How is the current valuation vs historical?  The timing of small purchases is not critical if you buy quality that isn't extremely overvalued.  You are diversified so far and O is a reliable REIT.
Thanks fender.  I try my best to do what you are saying.  I totally understand that this is all about research and patience.  I have only spent less than 10% of what I have set aside.
message deleted