Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Itching to put some more cash to work today but everything is green except solar and I already did that today. My Labrador says "you got a new ATH locked in today so please take me swimming at the lake right now". I probably shouldn't let my dog boss me around. Smile
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(08-11-2021, 01:26 PM)stockguru Wrote: MRNA for sale today down $82 Wink

All I can say is ...

LOOK OUT BELOW!!!

Big Grin

I think I'll go play some Beatles Helter Skelter:

… When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
And I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
And I get to the bottom and I see you again, yeah, yeah
(08-11-2021, 02:16 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Itching to put some more cash to work today but everything is green except solar and I already did that today.  My Labrador says "you got a new ATH locked in today so please take me swimming at the lake right now".   I probably shouldn't let my dog boss me around.  Smile

More often than not dogs have their priorities set up the right way. Hope you enjoyed the lake.  Wink
Took some people's advice and jumped in the deep end.

I bought (about $2k of each) JNJ, LHX, XOM, and just to compare SCHD,

Thinking of buying O tomorrow.

Hopefully this starts me on a journey I've always dreamed of doing.

Thanks for advice everyone.
That is a great start! Just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint, and you will do well.
ohh, I was so hyped on finally getting my timing right for once that I forgot to post! Big Grin
I'm infamously good in buying stuff just to see it drop several percentages in the next couple of days. Not today! Unity (U) had a good report but was completely flat yesterday on premarket. I added to my position and boom, +13% by the end of the day.
(08-11-2021, 10:31 PM)texsubmariner Wrote: Took some people's advice and jumped in the deep end.

I bought (about $2k of each) JNJ, LHX, XOM, and just to compare SCHD,

Thinking of buying O tomorrow.

Hopefully this starts me on a journey I've always dreamed of doing.

Thanks for advice everyone.
That's a good start.  Take your time and try to learn a little with each purchase.  Ask yourself why you are adding a particular stock.  What does it add to the port?  How is the current valuation vs historical? The timing of small purchases is not critical if you buy quality that isn't extremely overvalued.  You are diversified so far and O is a reliable REIT.
Hi all,

I have $7k to spend today, courtesy of selling more company stock last week.

I'm planning on starting a new position in Eli Lilly, and increasing Apple, Microsoft, & NUSI, but other than that I'm fairly wide open to ideas.
My first idea is control thyself and don't buy a full position in LLY all at once. It's an expensive stock right now. Yes it's a good company long-term. BTW they went; ex-div today so you might get a small discount this morning.
(08-12-2021, 07:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote: My first idea is control thyself and don't buy a full position in LLY all at once.  It's an expensive stock right now.  Yes it's a good company long-term.  BTW they went; ex-div today so you might get a small discount this morning.

Yes I estimate a 75% chance they go for a dip for a bit before rising again. 

I might get some more Target too today.  I just love the stock!
Hey Divmenow. I just noticed ZOM reported. $4.7M loss on $15K revenue. What? Did they sell like one of their new machines with an extended warranty last quarter? This stock will be selling for a dime when they start selling shares again to make payroll.
(08-12-2021, 07:34 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 07:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote: My first idea is control thyself and don't buy a full position in LLY all at once.  It's an expensive stock right now.  Yes it's a good company long-term.  BTW they went; ex-div today so you might get a small discount this morning.

Yes I estimate a 75% chance they go for a dip for a bit before rising again. 

I might get some more Target too today.  I just love the stock!
Yeah TGT is dirt cheap too.  Smile  Actually they have a reasonable PE even after the multiple year run.  Their growth rate has been restored like they are a ten year old company again.  Better future over the next few years than even HD IMO.