Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(07-29-2021, 07:30 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I just want to say that I gave up on Eli Lilly way too soon.  I hadn't checked on it in a while, and wow since the beginning of June it's had quite a run.  My bad.
MOMO trading for a monthly reward is much harder than actual investing.  I am bad at it so I keep it to a very small part of my port. 

That said I am about to dump MRK, but it's not based on a couple months of underperformance.  I've given them a few years to stop acting like MRK and won't move the money to hero stock of the month.
I used to buy Merck back in the late 90s on a monthly basis. I recall the stock price was in the 60s. Oh look, 20+ years later, it's finally in the 70s Smile
(07-29-2021, 08:35 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I used to buy Merck back in the late 90s on a monthly basis.  I recall the stock price was in the 60s.  Oh look, 20+ years later, it's finally in the 70s Smile
Buy MRK!!!  Oops a typo, I meant buh-bye MRK.  Smile

I made a small amount of money on MRK.  Might have beat CD rates lol.  If not for the DIV and selling covered calls I'd be down.  Close enough to dead money for the several years I argued with it.

Congrats to the dog that exercised my covered call option and stole 100 shares of my PFE right before the Ex-Div.  I knew that was coming.  PFE has been very good to me (this year) with COVID, but I won't miss the shares a year from now.  Still have 100 shares which is down from 500 not long ago.

Dammit I got even more cash with nowhere to go now.
OMG finally I can post on here lol

What's up all. Nice to be here and participate.

I did some buying and added MDLZ, BAX and MKC

I am more of the traditional low beta name guy with good dividend history
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(07-29-2021, 09:47 AM)MrFortune Wrote: OMG finally I can post on here lol

What's up all. Nice to be here and participate.

I did some buying and added MDLZ, BAX and MKC

I am more of the traditional low beta name guy with good dividend history
Welcome to the forum.  Most of my port is also low beta.  A splash of risky on this thread.
Do we have a like a watch list forum where we can discuss stocks that are nearly in your buy zone?

Thinking of buying some DLTR. Has been basing nicely in this $97-99 range. No dividend, but nice growth going forward.
(07-29-2021, 02:10 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Do we have a like a watch list forum where we can discuss stocks that are nearly in your buy zone?

Thinking of buying some DLTR. Has been basing nicely in this $97-99 range. No dividend, but nice growth going forward.

We don't but that's not a bad idea for a thread. Maybe start one in the Individual Dividend Growth Stocks section?
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
[quote pid='27584' dateline='1627585859']
Do we have a like a watch list forum where we can discuss stocks that are nearly in your buy zone?

[/quote]
Feel free to start that thread.  Many of us would participate.  This one is kind of a catch all and general comments thread that keeps the forum socializing.  Not much use if you want to go dig something up from last month.
I went ahead and started my own Watch List thread; I'd been keeping notes elsewhere but might as well have them in the forum. Not that I have any money coming any time soon.
(07-29-2021, 02:48 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I went ahead and started my own Watch List thread; I'd been keeping notes elsewhere but might as well have them in the forum.  Not that I have any money coming any time soon.
That's fine.  I am hoping Mr Fortune starts a community one though.  It's good to see new members start threads.
TXRH gets slammed on earnings. I'll check the CC of course but I intend to be all over that one at the open if it holds. Been hoping for a chance to add.
added XOM, NOC and ABBV

Waiting on AMZN for $3100 range for me trade account

My PINS put is big in the money. May cash out today.

Tech to me is a scam. All those companies are way way over valued. Sooner or later they come crashing down, which is why I play the downside in that sector.