Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
LMT is definitely a nice buy here. If it stays down here then I'll be nibbling some of it too once we get to august. (already spend most of my july stock budget)
Bought more baba and tencent.
Sold all my Hasbro again. Meant to hold until Christmas but it's been cooperating with its trading range.
(07-26-2021, 11:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold all my Hasbro again.  Meant to hold until Christmas but it's been cooperating with its trading range.

How can you sell it again when you already sold it last time  Big Grin

Tell me your secret lol 

Put it in BABA now  Big Grin
(07-26-2021, 01:54 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 11:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold all my Hasbro again.  Meant to hold until Christmas but it's been cooperating with its trading range.

Tell me your secret lol 

Pay attention because I'm only typing this once......... Smile

Ken mentioned the ticker a few months ago.  He is into board games, toys etc.  Seemed to understand their better products.  Is he one of  Santa's elves?  Doesn't matter, a stock tip is a stock tip lol.  I did a little research and the financials looked pretty good.  Decent dividend too.  Toy stocks like HAS are usually decent in the fall towards Christmas time.  I really meant to collect a couple divs and see what happens.  I also sold puts on a dip for premiums.  It has moved my direction within a week about three times and I keep cashing out.  Have one option still sold but it is a mile out of the money and expires Friday.  If the market takes HAS back down I might be back.          

I got lucky and dumped my BABA a few weeks ago for a small profit.  I want no part of it.  It's a good company and somebody will guess the bottom right eventually.  I have lost all  faith in my ability to understand what the CCP might do next.  Feels like a lotto ticket to me right now.  My only Chinese stock left is TSM.  I'd be gone if I wasn't down a bit.
Added a few shares of LMT. Fell out of #1 spot so I had to give it a little help.
Well, it was really tough not even looking at my portfolio while I was on vacation, but I held out until after the closing bell on Friday. I was driving through the Arizona desert, got a little bit of internet coming through on my cellphone, and peeked. After hearing about the Monday crash, I was nervous, but it was actually a good week for me. ROTH is at an all-time high and taxable just $1k off.

Today I sold off ERX. I absolutely think XLE (the underlying index) is oversold at this point, but I don't think oil & gas stocks are for me anyway. And I really really really wanted some Moderna, so that's what I bought. Moderna's technology (along with Novavax) may use the same mRNA treatment to cure cancer, and I definitely don't want to miss out on the stock of the century if that happens.
(07-21-2021, 11:08 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought some MKC, PEP, BTI and CVX

Sold most of my big winners stocks and put it all in JEPI. I like the monthly income of .39 here this ETF hold up very well in a down market. I'm going to hide here and collect about $2880 a month in dividends until this market corrects.

I made enough in this market since the pandemic and I don't need to be greedy and will protect my gains lol.

People may question me, but I'm happy with $2800 a month and a few nice dividend stocks for a while.

I will most likely not be back on until Nov or so. Thanks all for all your help the last few years here.

First off, jaw drop; that's a lot of dividends a month!  

Second, I took a quick look at JEPI dividends; it's all over the place.  $0.263/share in February; $0.543/share the month before.  No doubt the annual payout will be nice though, so enjoy.

My RIO dividends are all over the place too.
(07-26-2021, 02:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Tell me your secret lol 

Pay attention because I'm only typing this once.........  Smile

Ken mentioned the ticker a few months ago.  He is into board games, toys etc.  Seemed to understand their better products.  Is he one of  Santa's elves?  Doesn't matter, a stock tip is a stock tip lol.  I did a little research and the financials looked pretty good.  Decent dividend too.  Toy stocks like HAS are usually decent in the fall towards Christmas time.  I really meant to collect a couple divs and see what happens.  I also sold puts on a dip for premiums.  It has moved my direction within a week about three times and I keep cashing out.  Have one option still sold but it is a mile out of the money and expires Friday.  If the market takes HAS back down I might be back.          

I got lucky and dumped my BABA a few weeks ago for a small profit.  I want no part of it.  It's a good company and somebody will guess the bottom right eventually.  I have lost all  faith in my ability to understand what the CCP might do next.  Feels like a lotto ticket to me right now.  My only Chinese stock left is TSM.  I'd be gone if I wasn't down a bit.

Technically TSM is a Taiwanese stock Smile

I did add 1 share of BABA today. I keep my investment in Chinese stocks very small.
[/quote]

Technically TSM is a Taiwanese stock Smile

I did add 1 share of BABA today. I keep my investment in Chinese stocks very small.
[/quote]
In the Army we referred to Taiwan as "Free China".  I don't want to look at my shares if the rhetoric gets worse.  I am expecting trouble in HK or Taiwan someday.  Let's hope that someday is a very long time from now.

It's probably OK to own BABA now, but I wouldn't go all in.  For years now I've been hearing BABA is half price AMZN.  Risk is always included in proper stock valuation.  To me it's a crazy thought to think AMZN and BABA are anywhere close on the risk scale.  I can find better opportunities soon enough.  I don't know if anyone remembers but I accidentally bought 242 shares of BABA Christmas Eve when it got slammed.  It kept dropping.  I "calmly" went to town to finish my shopping.  Came home, sold most of it, got scolded by Vanguard for "free riding" unsettled shares, and made $480.   Big Grin  I was nervous.  I was down like $1200 in two minutes.  Looked like it was going to zero.
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote: [quote='fenders53' pid='26069' dateline='1620742123']
[quote='divmenow' pid='26068' dateline='1620741965']
[quote='fenders53' pid='26066' dateline='1620741619']
[quote='divmenow' pid='26064' dateline='1620740866']

Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153
[quote='ken-do-nim' pid='27501' dateline='1627339520']
Well, it was really tough not even looking at my portfolio while I was on vacation, but I held out until after the closing bell on Friday.  I was driving through the Arizona desert, got a little bit of internet coming through on my cellphone, and peeked.  After hearing about the Monday crash, I was nervous, but it was actually a good week for me.  ROTH is at an all-time high and taxable just $1k off.

Today I sold off ERX.  I absolutely think XLE (the underlying index) is oversold at this point, but I don't think oil & gas stocks are for me anyway.  And I really really really wanted some Moderna, so that's what I bought.  Moderna's technology (along with Novavax) may use the same mRNA treatment to cure cancer, and I definitely don't want to miss out on the stock of the century if that happens.
It's good you weren't around to trade it because oil stocks have recovered some of lasts weeks losses.  They were looking ugly about WED-THU if IIRC.  I would just lay off commodities for this cycle.  Almost nothing is truly cheap at the moment.  I am wrestling with too many right now.
(07-26-2021, 02:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Tell me your secret lol 

Pay attention because I'm only typing this once......... Smile

TSM is taiwanese.