Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Initiated a position in SHW. Not cheap, but wanted to get started.
added to

O
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-22-2021, 04:27 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Initiated a position in SHW. Not cheap, but wanted to get started.

Yeah they are doing well and I've been very happy with them.
Added CMI and LMT
Why has no one mentioned CMI before? Looks like a great time to buy it. Wish I had some cash to do so Smile
(06-23-2021, 09:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Why has no one mentioned CMI before?  Looks like a great time to buy it.  Wish I had some cash to do so Smile

Sell SOXL and buy CMI  Big Grin
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(06-23-2021, 09:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Why has no one mentioned CMI before?  Looks like a great time to buy it.  Wish I had some cash to do so Smile
We have mentioned it numerous times lately.  Divmenow and I have been tracking and owning it awhile.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-23-2021, 09:17 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Sell SOXL and buy CMI  Big Grin

Ha!

Admittedly, over 10% of my E*Trade combined account value is in SOXL, but any trimming will happen next year for tax reasons.  

And yeah, in hindsight, that bad week it dropped to $28, I should have bought more!   Tongue
He can't sell SOXL. He is from Boston and somebody told him he was investing in the Red Sox. Who want's to tell him what the "L" stands for? Smile
Doubled my position in BITW
(06-23-2021, 09:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: He can't sell SOXL.  He is from Boston and somebody told him he was investing in the Red Sox.  Who want's to tell him what the "L" stands for?  Smile

This is true haha!!

How about my Stros? 9 in a row now baby!! 

How the Sox are still in first is crazy. They have no pitching. Pivetta, Richards and Perez are like specs,and I’m not buying them at all  Big Grin
(06-23-2021, 10:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 09:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote: He can't sell SOXL.  He is from Boston and somebody told him he was investing in the Red Sox.  Who want's to tell him what the "L" stands for?  Smile

This is true haha!!

How about my Stros? 9 in a row now baby!! 

How the Sox are still in first is crazy. They have no pitching. Pivetta, Richards and Perez are like specs,and I’m not buying them at all  Big Grin

We didn't even need a trash can so far this year.