Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
No doubt that covid provided a massive boost to sales. But I think most of the covid craze is gone now, both in terms of expected extra sales and in terms of the shareprice. It was trading around $160, $170 before the pandemic hit the markets and it has come down 12% year-to-date.

I don't really want/need CLX in my portfolio, I'm more thinking of messing around with options. The premiums aren't that exciting but I would hope that a put with a strike far enough would be relatively safe.
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(05-31-2021, 12:31 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: No doubt that covid provided a massive boost to sales. But I think most of the covid craze is gone now, both in terms of expected extra sales and in terms of the shareprice. It was trading around $160, $170 before the pandemic hit the markets and it has come down 12% year-to-date.

I don't really want/need CLX in my portfolio, I'm more thinking of messing around with options. The premiums aren't that exciting but I would hope that a put with a strike far enough would be relatively safe.
I will wait until nobody is interested and the stock is dormant.  Down 12% YTD doesn't get my attention.  They may be five years from significantly exceeding 2020 earnings.  It's not on my near-term list. It will have a very good yield in a year maybe?
Added to AAPL and BTI.
Added some TMO, EIX and ABBV
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-01-2021, 09:00 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added some TMO, EIX and ABBV

When my company opens its new headquarters in Waltham next March, we will be 3 minutes away from Thermo Fisher's.
(06-01-2021, 09:14 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(06-01-2021, 09:00 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added some TMO, EIX and ABBV

When my company opens its new headquarters in Waltham next March, we will be 3 minutes away from Thermo Fisher's.

Nice do you own the company? Only trading at 19x next years earnings.
No I don't; TMO has been flat since October and with a low yield it didn't seem like it needed to be in my first round of buys.
(06-01-2021, 09:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: No I don't; TMO has been flat since October and with a low yield it didn't seem like it needed to be in my first round of buys.

That’s when you buy it  Big Grin . The stock is now at Oct levels. I just added some myself. You don’t buy it for the dividend. Buy it for the growth and future. It’s one of the best in the space.  I love how people buy BA and it doesn’t even pay a dividend or is earning any money lol. But TMO made over $19 in earnings and BA a minus $20 ??

So maybe you should take a look at TMO … JS
(06-01-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 09:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: No I don't; TMO has been flat since October and with a low yield it didn't seem like it needed to be in my first round of buys.

That’s when you buy it  Big Grin . The stock is now at Oct levels. I just added some myself. You don’t buy it for the dividend. Buy it for the growth and future. It’s one of the best in the space.  I love how people buy BA and it doesn’t even pay a dividend or is earning any money lol. But TMO made over $19 in earnings and BA a minus $20 ??

ABT down 6.5% on lowered guidance following a drop-off in sales for diagnostics with COVID fading away. I expect TMO to realize a similar impact to earnings in 2021.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-01-2021, 10:10 AM)EricL Wrote:

ABT down 6.5% on lowered guidance following a drop-off in sales for diagnostics with COVID fading away. I expect TMO to realize a similar impact to earnings in 2021.

ABT is a buying opportunity as well. Covid testing is just a small sample of what they do as is the same with TMO.  So who cares  Big Grin And with covid almost over of course there wont be a need for testing anymore.  Buying opportunity as I said before. They lowered earnings from $5 to $4.50. Not many companies are earning $4.50 these days lol.   

Great support at $106-$107 and its down from the high of $128
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Serious downgrade in sales projections.  I am getting some FOMO with my extra cash but this is why I am avoiding chasing stocks that have run to perfection levels.  We've never come out of a situation like this before and there will be some stumbles from blue chips here and there.  Easy to get hurt on a lessor company than ABT.
(06-01-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Serious downgrade in sales projections.  I am getting some FOMO with my extra cash but this is why I am avoiding chasing stocks that have run to perfection levels.  We've never come out of a situation like this before and there will be some stumbles from blue chips here and there.  Easy to get hurt on a lessor company than ABT.
Not chasing a stock that is already down $20 from the highs  Big Grin

And I will add ABT all day at these levels. 

Quality company