Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Once again No buys again in the market. Maybe in a few days that will change haha! Wink

I lightened up some names today. New All time high in the portfolio. That's means a correction is coming lol

Retail big correction today. Most have has such a run and were sell on the news like KSS and RL

Maybe CAT is a buy since its come down about 12% from the highs hmmm.. Oil getting interesting with a mini correction

Tech needs a bigger correction, but it seems all the pajama traders and young investors come in on any small pullback. Come on let them come down another 15%

BABA was a great add. Hopefully it will come down a bit and will go in bigger

That's all folks!
We are probably in for months of rotation. It's
healthy the small cap high flyers got deflated. They were out of hand. Same with crypto. Just encourages excessive margin eventually. We don't need them all to get so wrecked that they leave for a decade. I'm convinced that happened after the dot com bubble. Lose a few K and learn your spec lesson is a better outcome for all.
Added oxy and pltr to long term port.
I did mathematics.
These are the expected numbers after T does the spin-off thingy. (estimated mid-2022.
T's dividend will get a amazing looking -44% reduction, which would put it at $0.29 per Q. This is calculated with THEIR OWN guesstimate of free cash flow after the merger... and just to be clear they are expecting $7.5b of FCF to part into the new company and $20b to remain with T.

The new entity will not pay a dividend.

So long story short: $0.52 to ~ $0.29
(05-21-2021, 01:09 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I did mathematics.
These are the expected numbers after T does the spin-off thingy. (estimated mid-2022.
T's dividend will get a amazing looking -44% reduction, which would put it at $0.29 per Q. This is calculated with THEIR OWN guesstimate of free cash flow after the merger... and just to be clear they are expecting $7.5b of FCF to part into the new company and $20b to remain with T.

Got similar numbers after doing the math. But! "The new entity will not pay a dividend." - I might have missed that at a certain point reading through corporate communications, but how do you know?
I would not leave T for dead just quite yet.

"New" T w/o a large part of their debt, focused on T business, along with shares of the new entity may just work out well.

4%+ yield with the offer of growth is not bad.
I'll still be looking to buy the new entity; I think HBO MAX has a lot of promise.

Going to be starting a new strategy today in ROTH-land. From now on, every day I will siphon just a little bit from the top 2-3 gainers, and move the money to the bottom 2-3 losers (or others that need rebalancing). Also I will continue to branch out from triples and add other growth stocks & etfs (such as this new HBO MAX company). It's less than half the size of the taxable account so I don't want to have too many equities in there, but I'd like it to aim for more of a 50/50 balance between leveraged growth and standard growth.
Here is my problem with ATT. I no longer trust them. That doesn't work for a core position. I can think of a long list of companies and management teams I have much more confidence in so I will stop poking myself in the face with a sharp stick waiting for their next seemingly random decision. I hope everyone here gets a double by next year. I'll find mine somewhere else.
(05-21-2021, 06:00 AM)Binary Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 01:09 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I did mathematics.

Got similar numbers after doing the math. But! "The new entity will not pay a dividend." - I might have missed that at a certain point reading through corporate communications, but how do you know?

Have a look here: 
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4430323...transcript

"Regarding financial policies and capital allocation, the playbook will be straightforward. Based on our conversations with rating agencies, I am very confident this combined company will be rated investment grade, and we intend to rapidly reduce leverage through strict allocation of free cash flow to debt pay down. Our long term gross leverage profile will be 2.5x to 3x, and we expect to be around 3x, 24 months post close. At that time, we expect to be in a very strong position of financial flexibility, generating significant free cash flow to reinvest in dynamic growth and world-class content and to create attractive shareholder returns."
it's not exactly black on white, but a pretty clear indication to me that we shouldn't be expecting a dividend before 2024.
added BABA and ABNB
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(05-21-2021, 06:32 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'll still be looking to buy the new entity; I think HBO MAX has a lot of promise.

Going to be starting a new strategy today in ROTH-land.  From now on, every day I will siphon just a little bit from the top 2-3 gainers, and move the money to the bottom 2-3 losers (or others that need rebalancing). Also I will continue to branch out from triples and add other growth stocks & etfs (such as this new HBO MAX company).  It's less than half the size of the taxable account so I don't want to have too many equities in there, but I'd like it to aim for more of a 50/50 balance between leveraged growth and standard growth.
I like that plan better than your previous ones the past few months.  We've obviously been trying to convince you to lighten up the leverage for a less stressful port in a fully valued market.  It's good to take profits from gambling positions.  Just be mindful that trends last longer than 24HRs.  You are talking about potentially trimming a winner the first day into a rally, and buying a falling knife the first day into a beatdown.  This is called day trading and you'll outsmart yourself. 

Ever notice how we usually don't buy a dip immediately off a disappointing earnings report unless its an extreme over-reaction?  It's because more often than not the day after tomorrow's price is even better.