Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-14-2020, 02:06 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 01:45 PM)saimash Wrote: What's wrong with PFE... It moves upwards at sloth-like speed (even after being in the news for all the right reasons) and then keeps going downwards when you expect it to rise (as the new vaccines are finally being administered in the US)... Granted the Dividend is good, but has it run its course and has more risk of dropping like a rock (all it needs is one bad news about the vaccine)... Thoughts anyone ?

PFE is like T. You only buy it for the dividend not for growth. And the vaccines are not going to be a big money maker for them. I would much rather own bios with growth a deep a pipeline. Stocks like GILD and PFE will frustrate you.

I guess you're right... Well I just have 100 shares of it @ 32.96 and have got 2 dividends till date... Will let it sit and just DRIP and go from there :-)
Boughtback some xle with the drop today.
(12-14-2020, 04:15 PM)saimash Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 02:06 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 01:45 PM)saimash Wrote: What's wrong with PFE... It moves upwards at sloth-like speed (even after being in the news for all the right reasons) and then keeps going downwards when you expect it to rise (as the new vaccines are finally being administered in the US)... Granted the Dividend is good, but has it run its course and has more risk of dropping like a rock (all it needs is one bad news about the vaccine)... Thoughts anyone ?

PFE is like T. You only buy it for the dividend not for growth. And the vaccines are not going to be a big money maker for them. I would much rather own bios with growth a deep a pipeline. Stocks like GILD and PFE will frustrate you.

I guess you're right... Well I just have 100 shares of it @ 32.96 and have got 2 dividends till date... Will let it sit and just DRIP and go from there :-)
I wouldn't make it a core position but you might be OK given your good entry price.  I have owned PFE in two accounts since it was a market darling around 1995.  I haven't even looked at my wife's Roth for years.  I should go see how many share she has DRIPPed.  It's been a frustrating stock for sure.  As you know they just spun off the slowest part of their business.  They stated they were not going to price gouge the Covid VAX.  Trump would have thrown the Defense Act down on them hard and the PR would have been horrible.  I expect they will make earnings for the foreseeable future as they will sell this worldwide and they got a nice head start on the serious competition.  I sold PFE puts and calls all year and it been a good one this year as I built it to 500 shares.  I am gradually lightening up now as a few of the call strikes hit.  I'll likely keep some.  It would be just my luck I dump it all and it runs to 50 finally.  Smile
Sold my BA position and put it all into LMT. I feel safer with that dividend lol

Added to CVS
(12-15-2020, 10:39 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold my BA position and put it all into LMT. I feel safer with that dividend lol

Added to CVS

I like that move.  BA run was a gift a year ahead of schedule and LMT prints money for the next decade even if the defense budget were trimmed.  

Sold a new PFE put.  Got called out of a few hundred shares a couple bucks higher recently.  Sold my VTRS spin off shares today.  That might actually be a decent income stock but I have too many positions.  
Sold a CVS put.  Same deal as PFE, IMO the downside risk is capped with Covid.
Sold another MSFT put.  I am pushing my luck being way deep in MSFT soon if it dips hard but I am comfortable enough with that outcome.
Took new positions in AA, FCX and BEP
(12-16-2020, 11:09 AM)kblake Wrote: Took new positions in AA, FCX and BEP

I like these picks. I own FCX around $13.80. I think it goes to $30. Nice uptrend now. I was actually thinking of adding more as I'm 12 shares away from a full position lol

AA you have a nice dip to get in today.  As economic activity world wide increases and millions get vaccines ? the demand for aluminum will rise. I still remember when this was like $7-8 lol

BEP nice and steady 

Big Grin
I loaded up on FCX around $10 very early in the year. Also sold it well before $20 so don't confuse this post with bragging lol. FCX is one of the better cyclical metals stocks. I'll catch it on the next hard dip. Might be years but my watchlist is free. Smile
(12-16-2020, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I loaded up on FCX around $10 very early in the year.  Also sold it well before $20 so don't confuse this post with bragging lol.  FCX is one of the better cyclical metals stocks.  I'll catch it on the next hard dip.  Might be years but my watchlist is free.  Smile

You better load up again on FCX. There isn't no hard dip coming. Once it got under $24 today that was the dip  Big Grin

Come on how is your watchlist at 0 and mine is at 243?? That doesn't add up  Tongue
(12-16-2020, 11:32 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I loaded up on FCX around $10 very early in the year.  Also sold it well before $20 so don't confuse this post with bragging lol.  FCX is one of the better cyclical metals stocks.  I'll catch it on the next hard dip.  Might be years but my watchlist is free.  Smile

You better load up again on FCX. There isn't no hard dip coming. Once it got under $24 today that was the dip  Big Grin

Come on how is your watchlist at 0 and mine is at 243?? That doesn't add up  Tongue
My watchlist is enormous.  I have to click on some of them now and then to remember what it was, and why I might be watching it lol.  Seriously though I am trying to keep my list of holdings to something reasonable but it isn't working lately.  Look at my 50 holdings and 45 are not a buy today.  Smile
Sold LLY in one of my accounts. Might regret it but I got lucky and caught the bottom. Took it for a 40+ point ride in six weeks. I'll regroup and decide if I want to add some back later.
Started a position in TGT. I sold to early and have been waiting for a dip to get in. I really like where this company is headed. Cheap stock compared to the market lol