Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-10-2020, 05:12 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 05:09 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 04:02 PM)vbin Wrote: What's up with BABA today? Looks like time to buy.
China is making some fundamental changes to how business is run.  Getting so financially powerful the GOV can't control them adequately.  Similar to the US inability to control big tech.  I don't need to explain how big of a deal that is to the CCP as they micro manage their currency even more than we do.  They just cancelled a $34B IPO BABA was heavily invested.  I started a BABA position today.   I do believe it is cheap now, but some of the pullback was for a reason.  The story changed some, at least in the near-term.  IMO BABA is a better play for the next 10 years than AMZN.  BABA BIZ model is very similar right down to the major cloud presenAf
Agreed BABA is like getting in on the ground floor like AMZN was 10 years ago. 

Jack MA is the reason why the IPO was delayed. But I'm glad it was. It gave me a buying opportunity
CCP is involved as well.  It will come out (the IPO) in a lighter version.  CCP was making noise again today that changes in general are coming.  Not just targeting BABA today.  Might even be some more deals but I don't want a ton of Chinese holdings.  IMO it's buy the biggest or buy an ETF.  Not a chance in hell I am small cap shopping there lol.  Even BABA is accused of loose accounting since forever.
(11-10-2020, 04:02 PM)vbin Wrote: What's up with BABA today? Looks like time to buy.
China is making some fundamental changes to how business is run.  Getting so financially powerful the GOV can't control them adequately.  Similar to the US inability to control big tech.  I don't need to explain how big of a deal that is to the CCP as they micro manage their currency even more than we do.  They just cancelled a $34B IPO BABA was heavily invested.  I started a BABA position today.   I do believe it is cheap now, but some of the pullback was for a reason.  The story changed some, at least in the near-term.  IMO BABA is a better play for the next 10 years than AMZN.  BABA BIZ model is very similar right down to the major cloud presenAf

Jack MA is the reason why the IPO was delayed. But I'm glad it was. It gave me a buying opportunity
It wasnt delayed only becouse of Jack Ma. Big corps have tendencies to maximize profits even at the cost of predatory practices. It looks like ANT is involved in practices where it encourages it's user to buy and pay later and it's been a trend in chinese young folks lately to get too much debt to buy things they don't necessarily need even though they don't have money to buy it. CCP is worried about it and wants to put check and balances arround it. ( One of the reasons that I have heard).
(11-10-2020, 06:27 PM)vbin Wrote:

It wasnt delayed only becouse of Jack Ma. Big corps have tendencies to maximize profits even at the cost of predatory practices. It looks like ANT is involved in practices where it encourages it's user to buy and pay later and it's been a trend in chinese young folks lately to get too much debt to buy things they don't necessarily need even though they don't have money to buy it.  CCP is worried about it and wants to put check and balances arround it. ( One of the reasons that I have heard).
That is pretty much my understanding.  CCP wants some control over their potential debt bubble.  Good because that would bite US businesses too.  Bottomline is it's about monopolistic mega cap finance.  BABA will be ok.  When the company you own stock in is in under the GOV microscope, you probably found a good stock.  Big oil 100 years ago, MSFT/INTC 25 years ago, and FAANG today.
Took a position in TTWO. I have always wanted to own this name and finally got a dip lol
New positions in XOM and VLO

Just trying to stay diversified lol

And I like TTWO as well. ATVI too
Went crazy and went long another share of BABA for my new growthy port. Smile I got lucky and most everything I bought last month flew so buys are hard to find. Also sold some short term puts in CSCO and INTC. Not because I desire to own a bunch of shares, but I have too much cash and these tend to be easy option money for a DGI stock when they are beaten up this bad.
Hey guru you buying 2 shares of APD today down $22 ? Might be a good time to add a few and then a little more if it drops further!

I like dips like this in great companies.
(11-11-2020, 11:58 AM)divmenow Wrote: Hey guru you buying 2 shares of APD today down $22 ?  Might be a good time to add a few and then a little more if it drops further!

Hopefully she mortgaged the house because APD hasn't been this cheap for about two weeks.  Smile  It had a helluva run and it blew up on a two cent earnings miss.  Market has not been kind to companies after they report this quarter whether they hit the number or not.  I have a limit order in but I need down $25 lol.
(11-11-2020, 11:58 AM)divmenow Wrote: Hey guru you buying 2 shares of APD today down $22 ?  Might be a good time to add a few and then a little more if it drops further!

Haha did you read my mind lol. I actually splurged today and bought 5 at $286  Big Grin

And your right. We rarely see a dip in this stock.  Hydrogen is gaining traction and that changes APD from a boring industrial gas company to a leading provider of main global energy source.

BTW what are you thoughts on DRE and DLR? I like DLR since it's had a dip. Thinking of buying some today! 

And fenders you have 30 moree cents to go and you get to buy it  Big Grin
(11-11-2020, 12:21 PM)stockguru Wrote:

Haha did you read my mind lol. I actually splurged today and bought 5 at $286  Big Grin

And your right. We rarely see a dip in this stock.  Hydrogen is gaining traction and that changes APD from a boring industrial gas company to a leading provider of main global energy source.

BTW what are you thoughts on DRE and DLR? I like DLR since it's had a dip. Thinking of buying some today! 

I'm in lol.  That was a harsh pullback.
Bought some APD, HII and PG
(11-11-2020, 12:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 12:21 PM)stockguru Wrote:

I'm in lol.  That was a harsh pullback.
I sold out etsy for a quick few bucks and bought 5 APD. Bought 100 more PLTR in one of our roth accounts.