Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to Intel (INTC), just 4 shares with some pooled dividends.
A number of purchases went through this morning. Added to UNM, PKBK, NSRGY, MCBC, in addition to the INTC shares I picked up earlier.
Added BABA, PINS, TDOC, DG and TMO

Bought puts in OIL and Leisure stocks.
I started a position in BABA in my new growthy port. Literally one share. It's been on my buy list and I used my $50 off coupon today. Smile
What is high on everyone's buy list for a good LONGTERM growthy DGI type stock if the price pulls back? I am patiently waiting for an entry in DG, MSFT and GNRC. A million tech stocks too but I have given up hope on many of them. I just missed my chance for now.
(11-10-2020, 11:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote: What is high on everyone's buy list for a good LONGTERM growthy DGI type stock if the price pulls back? I am patiently waiting for an entry in DG, MSFT and GNRC. A million tech stocks too but I have given up hope on many of them. I just missed my chance for now.

CHD is down about $12 from 52-week highs. It's still a bit expensive, but getting closer to an attractive level.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
What's up with BABA today? Looks like time to buy.
(11-10-2020, 04:02 PM)vbin Wrote: What's up with BABA today? Looks like time to buy.

sure is. Get out of T and switch into BABA  Big Grin
(11-10-2020, 04:02 PM)vbin Wrote: What's up with BABA today? Looks like time to buy.
China is making some fundamental changes to how business is run.  Getting so financially powerful the GOV can't control them adequately.  Similar to the US inability to control big tech.  I don't need to explain how big of a deal that is to the CCP as they micro manage their currency even more than we do.  They just cancelled a $34B IPO BABA was heavily invested.  I started a BABA position today.   I do believe it is cheap now, but some of the pullback was for a reason.  The story changed some, at least in the near-term.  IMO BABA is a better play for the next 10 years than AMZN.  BABA BIZ model is very similar right down to the major cloud presence.
(11-10-2020, 05:02 PM)stockguru Wrote:

sure is. Get out of T and switch into BABA  Big Grin
Wuuut?  T is killin' it all the way back to last week lol.  That's good because I was getting in a little deep on $26-28 puts lol.
(11-10-2020, 05:09 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
China is making some fundamental changes to how business is run.  Getting so financially powerful the GOV can't control them adequately.  Similar to the US inability to control big tech.  I don't need to explain how big of a deal that is to the CCP as they micro manage their currency even more than we do.  They just cancelled a $34B IPO BABA was heavily invested.  I started a BABA position today.   I do believe it is cheap now, but some of the pullback was for a reason.  The story changed some, at least in the near-term.  IMO BABA is a better play for the next 10 years than AMZN.  BABA BIZ model is very similar right down to the major cloud presenAf
Agreed BABA is like getting in on the ground floor like AMZN was 10 years ago. 

Jack MA is the reason why the IPO was delayed. But I'm glad it was. It gave me a buying opportunity
(11-10-2020, 01:31 PM)EricL Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 11:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote: What is high on everyone's buy list for a good LONGTERM growthy DGI type stock if the price pulls back?  I am patiently waiting for an entry in DG, MSFT and GNRC.  A million tech stocks too but I have given up hope on many of them.  I just missed my chance for now.

CHD is down about $12 from 52-week highs. It's still a bit expensive, but getting closer to an attractive level.
Thanks.  Believe it or not I didn't even know what they sold until I just read some analyst reports.  It's a perfect candidate for selling puts now with an intent to enter.  What I really need is more tech, but CHD is exactly the sort of stock for a few years from now so I might as well start accumulating.  Currently 100% of my consumer staples are all about soda pop and tater chips.  I could wait years for PG to be a good buy again.