Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-15-2020, 12:55 PM)Binary Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 11:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 10:59 AM)Binary Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 10:37 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Almost nothing on my buy list is reflecting economic reality, but a few stocks are getting close.  I have a few REIT puts I sold that are slightly in the money and they expire today.  I think I will roll them forward a month and get the basis down a little lower before I enter.  Premiums are still good so I can get paid to roll them.

Same here, but I don't think I will roll my 17.5 STOR. It's an exceptional company, I average down with it quite well, and it's an 8% yield.
Bought some BMO today.
Have to pick your spot.  REIT option premiums are lucrative right now.  An entire year of dividends paid up front for the risk of buying a quality depressed stock a few dollars under current market price.  I like that deal. Enough to do it 5 or 6 times on O and FRT this month.

You were right, Fenders. I took a quick look at the premium for next month and my mind changes in something like 0.1 sec Smile
I'm pleased it worked out for you.  The market is scared of REITs right now, all REITS and it doesn't differentiate much between the great ones and the junk.  It's not free money, as there is risk.  But I see little risk down here.  We choose to play on the REIT playground and get compensated.  The market is offering an entire years dividends for a months work. Income is why I buy REITS.  They could launch tomorrow and leave us behind.  My thesis is collecting rent will remain dicey for a few more months.  If that story changes I'll buy some shares real quick with all these options premiums I am collecting.  This is FAR from normal and I'll take it while I can.
Sold out of TGT and SBUX this morning. I got in at the lows in March and they are becoming a bit over extended now. I love both companies and will be looking to get in at lower levels.

Also sold my BCO and made 7 points in 3 days. That was good timing. I will live to fight another day lol

Hoping to get in some utilities. But need them a bit lower
(05-18-2020, 09:02 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of TGT and SBUX this morning.  I got in at the lows in March and they are becoming a bit over extended now. I love both companies and will be looking to get in at lower levels.

Also sold my BCO and made 7 points in 3 days. That was good timing. I will live to fight another day lol

Damn guess I have to sell BCO now  Big Grin

I bought SPG and DLR

Florida malls are now open
I know its not a dividend stock but what are you thoughts on PTON?

My wife is crazy about this company lol

Anyone own or would buy? Thanks
Added to NUE, T, and WBA this morning.
Nice gains today in UPS, FDX and AMP. Hope they keep going lol
(05-18-2020, 09:35 AM)kblake Wrote: I know its not a dividend stock but what are you thoughts on PTON?

My wife is crazy about this company lol

Anyone own or would buy? Thanks

PTON has a runup a lot. My feeling is once this pandemic is over people will hit the gyms again, and hurt this stock a bit. I would wait for a bigger pullback. But if you really like it buy 25 shares now down $4 and add on bigger pullbacks under $40.
Bought some WBA and BAC. Haven't bought a bank in a while lol

Yes AMP and UPS doing very well today Kblake. Hope they both keep rising.
(05-18-2020, 09:02 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of TGT and SBUX this morning.  I got in at the lows in March and they are becoming a bit over extended now. I love both companies and will be looking to get in at lower levels.

I highly approve of your decision to lighten up on retail.  I know you were very concerned what I think.   Big Grin  The risk reward just isn't there.  You'll get another chance before the summer is over and a little reality sets in.  Big box is about to get some competition from small biz.  Important stuff like bars and the little retailers that are back in business most places.

I suggest you nibble UTEs. They have several downs days a week lately. I predict they get attractive by the time next round of horrid earnings reports and Div cuts happen. I read over 250 Div cuts have happened already with many of them SP500 stocks.
Another slow buying day I guess. I sold another T put on the early dip, like I do every week lately. It seems to be easy money much under $30. Lost most of my shares selling calls at 35-36. One of my few high confidence high dividend payers, but just an income stock that begs to be trimmed when it runs. Their financials seem to be improving since last year.

Any opinions on VZ at current prices? Quality CELL provider but CFRA has a sell on them due to their lack of effort adding content. I usually don't go extremely contrary to CFRA.
Sold some UPS and MO. I had to trim some as I have in 2 dfferent account. Sold the shares I bought under $90 and $34.

You wont believe what I bought today... XOM lol

Looks like its breaking out and $50 is within reach.
(05-19-2020, 11:18 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold some UPS and MO. I had to trim some as I have in 2 dfferent account. Sold the shares I bought under $90 and $34.

You wont believe what I bought today... XOM lol

Looks like its breaking out and $50 is within reach.
Oil stocks have out their run fundamentals but it's clear the market isn't anything like rational now.  The oil cult is about as strong as any other.  I bet you make some money.