Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-24-2020, 05:31 AM)rayray Wrote: at this point--i'm adding on the way down and i'll be adding on the way up

You had me until you said on the way up  Big Grin  

I hope we can hold these gains today. We could all use a positive day. Any positive in general 

BA back up to $116 pre/market. I still haven’t bought it. My 52 week low list is a mile long. Can’t buy them all lol
(03-24-2020, 05:44 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 05:31 AM)rayray Wrote: at this point--i'm adding on the way down and i'll be adding on the way up

I hope we can hold these gains today. We could all use a positive day. Any positive in general 

BA back up to $116 pre/market. I still haven’t bought it. My 52 week low list is a mile long. Can’t buy them all lol
I thought you posted you bought some BA several weeks ago.  Did you trade it?  

Anyway.... green,green,green, were all gonna get rich today lol.
(03-24-2020, 06:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

added to MO and PM
(03-24-2020, 06:15 AM)kblake Wrote:

added to MO and PM
MO is not being very recession resistant this time.  I added some a few days ago so I could get in before the ex-div date today.
(03-24-2020, 06:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 06:15 AM)kblake Wrote:

added to MO and PM
MO is not being very recession resistant this time.  I added some a few days ago so I could get in before the ex-div date today.
No I was going to buy BA under $100 but just couldn't pull the trigger. Its getting much harder to pull the trigger these days. I feel as soon as you buy something it losses 20%. Feels like when you buy a car and it losses it value as soon as you pull out of the dealers lot  Big Grin 

I bought MO as well before the ex-dividend. It's been a real loser of late and now its my 3rd largest holding lol
I hear you. I have my last pile of significant cash and I know if I don't wait, the DOW will dip 3500 within a day. Smile

I am just going to stick to trading small as long as it remains this volatile. Trimming or adding when a sector moves 10% in a day. Industrials/defense awe my biggest holdings now. Probably a bad time for that but the prices look good long-term. At the end of it, those of us who are mostly long and investing are going to be in for a wait.
I finally took a position in MMM this morning at $121.40. I figured this thigh has been down for a long time. Worst may be behind them now and they are ramping up production due to the Corona. This will now become a 5-10 year hold.
(03-24-2020, 08:53 AM)divmenow Wrote: I finally took a position in MMM this morning at $121.40. I figured this thigh has been down for a long time. Worst may be behind them now and they are ramping up production due to the Corona. This will now become a 5-10 year hold.
Nothing wrong with that plan.  I don't think they are anywhere near done blowing earnings reports, but this entry will work long term.  I've been adding on the hard dips and have a low basis.  If the market dips much more folks will just yawn when these companies blow earnings.  They just need the liquidity so massive loans don't have to happen to stay in business and avoid div cuts.      

I sold all my BWA today for a significant loss.  I'll need to find a stock with far less headwinds that is also down 30%.  That shouldn't be very challenging if I wait for the stimulus spike to wear off.

The restaurant buys last week look good. I still have plenty of shares left. CBRL is on fire and I have a full position. Left WEN too early but it wasn't a bad trade at all.
(03-24-2020, 09:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 08:53 AM)divmenow Wrote: I finally took a position in MMM this morning at $121.40. I figured this thigh has been down for a long time. Worst may be behind them now and they are ramping up production due to the Corona. This will now become a 5-10 year hold.
Nothing wrong with that plan.  I don't think they are anywhere near done blowing earnings reports, but this entry will work long term.  I've been adding on the hard dips and have a low basis.  If the market dips much more folks will just yawn when these companies blow earnings.  They just need the liquidity so massive loans don't have to happen to stay in business and avoid div cuts.      

I sold all my BWA today for a significant loss.  I'll need to find a stock with far less headwinds that is also down 30%.  That shouldn't be very challenging if I wait for the stimulus spike to wear off.

The restaurant buys last week look good.  I still have plenty of shares left.  CBRL is on fire and I have a full position.  Left WEN too early but it wasn't a bad trade at all.

Im liking PM at these levels as well. Thoughts?
All company’s will be blowing earnings at this juncture lol. But my thinking is MMM will get a pass since they have blown so many; so wall st is use to it haha!! But really I think this company in a few quarters will get it together. In the mean time you can wait it out with that yield.

(03-24-2020, 09:39 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

The restaurant buys last week look good.  I still have plenty of shares left.  CBRL is on fire and I have a full position.  Left WEN too early but it wasn't a bad trade at all.

All company’s will be blowing earnings at this juncture lol. But my thinking is MMM will get a pass since they have blown so many; so wall st is use to it haha!! But really I think this company in a few quarters will get it together. In the mean time you can wait it out with that yield.

Nice buy in on MMM.

Question. I was thinking of buying WMT and COST. Both of these companies I see benefiting from the virus. COST especially because many have to buy in bul to stock up. Both are down today as are most retailers. What your thoughts on WMT and COST? 

FYI: My 2 shares each from yesterday's purchases are doing very well  Big Grin
Added to T and VZ. Even in a recession or quarantine, people will pay their cell phone bills.
(03-24-2020, 11:00 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Added to T and VZ.  Even in a recession or quarantine, people will pay their cell phone bills.

Agreed. But what about all the business and homes who wont be able to afford internet or cable. That extra $150 a month will no longer be affordable either and you will cut backs. Couldn't that happen as well? Also if people aren't buying any more apple phones at $1000+ wont that hurt sales as well?