Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-20-2020, 10:29 AM)kblake Wrote: PFE now under $30. JNJ getting cheaper. I see they are selling all the safe stocks today. Wall St up to their old tricks again. Rotation, rotation. I took advantage of that today and added to some of the names in that space. I'm not falling for the..... yeah lets bid up the stocks who are most affected by this lol
Yeah, small cap is done, large and mid next.
(03-20-2020, 10:27 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I know, I know.
Shouldn't buy on these up days.

But I got greedy and bought a tiny bit of T. I couldn't spend a day without buying anything!
They should be doing ok with this quarantine situation and their debt is even less of an issue when they can refinance at these ridiculously low rates.

T??

This is the first bad move you made haha  Big Grin With all that debt and and they just announced suspension of buybacks.. Whats going to move this stock now  Big Grin

Go buy PFE instead. There creating vaccines now  Idea
Entered PAYX with a mini position, added some PM, XOM, and after 2016 bouth some JNJ again.
Added Small Amounts to T, BNS, PCI, JPM
Opened a Notable, New Position in PFE
(03-20-2020, 10:31 AM)vbin Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:29 AM)kblake Wrote: PFE now under $30. JNJ getting cheaper. I see they are selling all the safe stocks today. Wall St up to their old tricks again. Rotation, rotation. I took advantage of that today and added to some of the names in that space. I'm not falling for the..... yeah lets bid up the stocks who are most affected by this lol

I intend to put 50% of my 401k into Small Cap Growth once there are clear signs of a market bottom. That time is not here yet.
(03-20-2020, 10:33 AM)kblake Wrote: T??

This is the first bad move you made haha  Big Grin With all that debt and and they just announced suspension of buybacks.. Whats going to move this stock now  Big Grin

That may very well be. But when T hits 28.xx, that's a buy from me. Every time. 
That dividend isn't going anywhere, and I admit to being somewhat of a yield chaser. I don't need the stock to move up massively, I'm happy just grabbing it here and enjoying the dividends.

edit. Don't worry, eyeing PFE too. Big Grin
(03-20-2020, 11:24 AM)Otter Wrote:

I intend to put 50% of my 401k into Small Cap Growth once there are clear signs of a market bottom. That time is not here yet.
Would love to get a signal from u on that. I haven't touched my 401k and Roth IRAs , they are on cruise control. I am still young and learning. But my trade accounts have a bunch of firepower left.

Missed on a few deals though I fee, AER, STWD, HTZ, DCP, WES, and a few others. A bunch are are already 100% up from downs.
added some DUK and AEP. Happy to get some at these prices.
(03-20-2020, 11:34 AM)divmenow Wrote: added some DUK and AEP. Happy to get some at these prices.
I am thinking to add SO and DUK back to my portfolio. Incidentally there is an article from @EricL on UTEs . Thank you for that.
(03-20-2020, 11:31 AM)vbin Wrote:

Would love to get a signal from u on that. I haven't touched my 401k and Roth IRAs , they are on cruise control. I am still young and learning. But my trade accounts have a bunch of firepower left.

Missed on a few deals though I fee, AER, STWD, HTZ, DCP, WES, and a few others. A bunch are are already 100% up from downs.

My best guess as to point of maximum pessimism is by end of April or early May. We are trending for a huge spike in infections and essentially unmitigated pandemic. Recent "lockdown" measures sound strong, but are actually quite weak compared to what China did in Hubei Province and what Italy has done (weaker than China to date). 

Epidemiologically, it looks like we are headed for a huge, rapid peak that overwhelms the healthcare system for approximately 75-90 days, with the maximum peak occurring at the midpoint of that period. 

Market may continue to drift down or sideways slowly for a while after the peak of the peak, but I think you'll see most of the big drops between now and that late April/early May time period. Afterwards, there will probably be at least slivers of good news on the horizon. 

Am keeping a close eye on it, and will change my opinion if the facts on the ground change.
Divemenow has turned me into a daytrader. Just kidding, just a small part of my port.

Sold most of my restaurants today as they launched too fast and the trouble is far from over. Also sold all my O I bought like two days ago for a nice profit.

Heading back to my safety cave with some more of my money while they are on sale yet again.

Added UTES- AEP-ALE-EXC-D-XEL

Added T and MO, and some MMM because the market is so in love they don't realize it should be $100.
(03-20-2020, 11:46 AM)Otter Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:31 AM)vbin Wrote:

My best guess as to point of maximum pessimism is by end of April or early May. We are trending for a huge spike in infections and essentially unmitigated pandemic. Recent "lockdown" measures sound strong, but are actually quite weak compared to what China did in Hubei Province and what Italy has done (weaker than China to date). 

Epidemiologically, it looks like we are headed for a huge, rapid peak that overwhelms the healthcare system for approximately 75-90 days, with the maximum peak occurring at the midpoint of that period. 

Market may continue to drift down or sideways slowly for a while after the peak of the peak, but I think you'll see most of the big drops between now and that late April/early May time period. Afterwards, there will probably be at least slivers of good news on the horizon. 

Am keeping a close eye on it, and will change my opinion if the facts on the ground change.
Agree with you somwhat. I always believed we were in front of a steam roller when this started and the first case was found. But overall and comparatively, people are more self concious, maintain more social distancing here. u.s.a is not as densly populated and have the best brains from the world here. So even the 75% effort of what China did should work.but unfortunately we aren't even at 75% yet.