Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I made some moves in my 401k (which has been 100% stable value fund).

10% allocated to a Tech Fund
10% allocated to a High Yield Fund ( https://www.guggenheiminvestments.com/pe...iming-tool )
80% still stable value
(03-20-2020, 09:15 AM)Otter Wrote: I made some moves in my 401k (which has been 100% stable value fund).

10% allocated to a High Yield Fund  ( https://www.guggenheiminvestments.com/pe...iming-tool )
80% still stable value
This is going to turn out great for you overall.  Bonds have been good, but they are just as dangerous as equities at times.  Maybe worse because getting your money back with patience can be tough.  You told me to stay away lol.    

Sold some WEN and MCD today.  Certain people here are turning me into a S-T stocker trader lol.  Some restaurants are just up too big to ignore the quick profit.  I'll get another chance to re-enter.  Just trimming anyway.  

Looks like yesterdays one day option sell trick is working out.  I've already been assigned some of my shares back I didn't want to sell anyway, and I get to keep the insurance money.
(03-20-2020, 09:26 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:15 AM)Otter Wrote: I made some moves in my 401k (which has been 100% stable value fund).

10% allocated to a High Yield Fund  ( https://www.guggenheiminvestments.com/pe...iming-tool )
80% still stable value
This is going to turn out great for you overall.  Bonds have been good, but they are just as dangerous as equities at times.  Maybe worse because getting your money back with patience can be tough.  You told me to stay away lol.    

Sold some WEN and MCD today.  Certain people here are turning me into a S-T stocker trader lol.  Some restaurants are just up too big to ignore the quick profit.  I'll get another chance to re-enter.  Just trimming anyway.  

Looks like yesterdays one day option sell trick is working out.  I've already been assigned some of my shares back I didn't want to sell anyway, and I get to keep the insurance money.

I wouldn't touch ordinary treasuries with a 10-foot pole at the moment. That said, if Minerd says that for High Yield, the spreads vs. treasuries have only been cheaper ~10% of the time, that's good enough for me to initiate a long-term position in the 401k.
(03-20-2020, 09:35 AM)Otter Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:26 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

80% still stable value

I wouldn't touch ordinary treasuries with a 10-foot pole at the moment. That said, if Minerd says that for High Yield, the spreads vs. treasuries have only been cheaper ~10% of the time, that's good enough for me to initiate a long-term position in the 401k.
I do have small positions in some high yield funds and preferred.  They are getting beat up but I mostly bought them when they were cheap in 2018.  One thing is for sure, if they give you a big gain you need to take it.  I do regret I didn't buy TLT when I was considering it.  It's been up 40% vs the some of the fallen stocks I bought instead.  I'll be more diversified next time.
Does anyone owns WBA here. Why it's been beaten down so much, apart from recent events in market
What are you thoughts on NSC?? It's a name I always wanted to own. I understand business may be slowed due to lack of shipments, But was thinking of starting a long position. Hasn't seen these levels in some time.

GPC also getting interesting here
(03-20-2020, 10:02 AM)vbin Wrote: Does anyone owns WBA here. Why it's been beaten down so much, apart from recent events in market

It's ran from $42 to $52 in a matter of weeks. So depending on when you bought its done well lol

They just announced stores will no longer be open 24 hrs until further notice. At least you can still drive up tom window and get prescriptions filled. I don't see the having too much of an impact on them. In fact people may prefer going there for food, water and toilet paper. So not a bad but at these levels.
(03-20-2020, 10:10 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:02 AM)vbin Wrote: Does anyone owns WBA here. Why it's been beaten down so much, apart from recent events in market

It's ran from $42 to $52 in a matter of weeks. So depending on when you bought its done well lol

They just announced stores will no longer be open 24 hrs until further notice. At least you can still drive up tom window and get prescriptions filled. I don't see the having too much of an impact on them. In fact people may prefer going there for food, water and toilet paper. So not a bad but at these levels.
My worry is they aren't inventing themselves. When amazon enters the pharmacy business and everyone doing free deliveries , how they will stay relevant?.
Bought XEL, ABBV, and added to MO, DUK, KO, and JNJ,
(03-20-2020, 10:21 AM)vbin Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:10 AM)divmenow Wrote:

My worry is they aren't inventing themselves. When amazon enters the pharmacy business and everyone doing free deliveries , how they will stay relevant?.
Stuck in a serious rut.  They need a new idea very soon.
I know, I know.
Shouldn't buy on these up days.

But I got greedy and bought a tiny bit of T. I couldn't spend a day without buying anything!
They should be doing ok with this quarantine situation and their debt is even less of an issue when they can refinance at these ridiculously low rates.
PFE now under $30. JNJ getting cheaper. I see they are selling all the safe stocks today. Wall St up to their old tricks again. Rotation, rotation. I took advantage of that today and added to some of the names in that space. I'm not falling for the..... yeah lets bid up the stocks who are most affected by this lol