Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
+100 more KMI

+100 more KMI

Kinda added a tiny batch of WTR. Sold a big part of what I had on Monday and set a limit order a bit lower (for the same $$$ amount, so more shares) and that went through on Thursday.
Added CVX, XOM, BP, RDS.B
+100 more KMI
+200 more ARLP

Added KMI yesterday. Portfolio % = 1.47%. Current Yield on Basis =8.83%, but will drop on dividend cut. Owned stock 5.7 years with average annual dividend and trading profit = 6.3%/year. Will continue to own and trade this stock.

M$$I
Picked up 39 shares of OHI this morning.
A little bit more BNS. Almost a full position now.

A little more HSY

Sold January puts on KMI to buy rest of what I'd like.

(12-14-2015, 12:51 PM)rapidacid Wrote: A little bit more BNS. Almost a full position now.

I'm curious and sorry if been brought up in here before, what is considered a "full position", "partial position" etc.
(12-14-2015, 06:35 PM)H8ter2 Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 12:51 PM)rapidacid Wrote: A little bit more BNS. Almost a full position now.

I'm curious and sorry if been brought up in here before, what is considered a "full position", "partial position" etc.

It's different for everyone ... totally subjective ... 1K / yr in dividends from the equity is my definition ...

(12-14-2015, 06:35 PM)H8ter2 Wrote:

It's different for everyone and every stock within the portfolio, but it's just based on your intent or target % for that position.  So, if I intend to hold 5% of my portfolio in JNJ and 2% of my portfolio in PEP, then 5% and 2% are the full positions for those two companies.