Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to my position in Canadian National Railway (CNI) (CNR.TO). Detials here.
(08-31-2015, 09:49 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Added to my position in Canadian National Railway (CNI) (CNR.TO). Detials here.

Nice....been wanting to initiate a CNI position.
(08-31-2015, 02:21 PM)Dash Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 09:49 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Added to my position in Canadian National Railway (CNI) (CNR.TO). Detials here.

Nice....been wanting to initiate a CNI position.

I started investing in the winter with the CNR.TO price in the low 80s - even though I realized that I was overpaying a bit. Decided to start averaging down, now that its in the low 70s. Will average down again in the future.
Added to CVX, ETP, started a position in EPD. BTW, I was told that COP is officially laying off around 10% of their workforce worldwide, probably regretting the decision to diversifying their refinery business.
Initiated positions in WPC, VTR and purchased more O at the morning lows. Stalking JNJ and XOM
20 shares of RDS.B. Initial position.
Obviously they're cheaper than yesterdaySmile I bought more of CVX, KMI and EPD, also started position in VTR, O, HPC and OHI.
All new positions--85 shares in WPC, 35 in XOM and BX 150 shares.

With the exception of BX, all these stocks lost between $0.20-0.40 by closing. The drop would have bothered me, but I learned a lesson last week.

Even though I had a very strong cash position built up, with the very intention of easing into oil...I just turned into a zombie Monday and Tuesday! I didn't move a single dollar. I Kept waiting for "the bottom" .... and ended up missing some very good opportunities.

Lesson learned: I have funds to average into positions, so that's what I'm going to do! $2500 earning almost 4% at XOM is better than $2500 depreciating in the bank (waiting for $68).

Ronn
Added to my position in UNP, which scored the best on my weekly stock picks this week. http://www.earmoney.com/portfolio-strate...ock-picks/
Added a small amount each of BRK.B, BEN, and OHI today.
(09-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Kerim Wrote: Added a small amount each of BRK.B, BEN, and OHI today.

What? No XOM?

=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(09-04-2015, 08:40 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Kerim Wrote: Added a small amount each of BRK.B, BEN, and OHI today.

What? No XOM?

LOL!

Yeah, thought I should cool it a bit. Plus, XOM is back above the lowest price I managed to capture last week. If it gets back to 70 or below, I'll probably get back to it...

Also, been using up my dry powder pretty quickly this last week or two, enjoying the dip greatly. Thinking I should calm down and keep some dry in case it keeps going down.