Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added more TD
Nice move, earthtodan. Just bought more TD myself
I didn't buy anything yet but decided to dump all of my Google stock in order to move those dollars to DGI stock(s). This was my strategy for a while but was just looking for an exit price for Google.
(07-15-2015, 12:22 PM)rayray Wrote: I didn't buy anything yet but decided to dump all of my Google stock in order to move those dollars to DGI stock(s). This was my strategy for a while but was just looking for an exit price for Google.

Interesting play. Google is now one of my largest holdings, what a bump today.

http://www.earmoney.com/2015/07/google-a...nvestment/
(07-17-2015, 01:36 PM)Dash Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 12:22 PM)rayray Wrote: I didn't buy anything yet but decided to dump all of my Google stock in order to move those dollars to DGI stock(s). This was my strategy for a while but was just looking for an exit price for Google.

The day I dumped the shares I told my buddy Google is going to skyrocket! Well, it went on a two day tear alright. It's okay though, since I've been moving towards dividend paying stocks I knew I was going to get rid of Google eventually. Really nice write up on Google, by the way!

Today I bought:

NOV--added
KMI--added
OHI--new
HCN--new
WPC--added
TD--new

forgot--added a small position in O--new
(07-17-2015, 07:28 PM)rayray Wrote:
(07-17-2015, 01:36 PM)Dash Wrote:

The day I dumped the shares I told my buddy Google is going to skyrocket! Well, it went on a two day tear alright. It's okay though, since I've been moving towards dividend paying stocks I knew I was going to get rid of Google eventually. Really nice write up on Google, by the way!

Today I bought:

NOV--added
KMI--added
OHI--new
HCN--new
WPC--added
TD--new

forgot--added a small position in O--new

Well you certainly added some truly excellent companies with that Google money, congrats on those nice buys.
Added some HON and CM.TO yesterday with the last cash I had on the brokerage account.
Will probably add more within a week... those might go towards two of the following RTN/WTR/JNJ/T
Bought 25 more shares of XOM today at $81.66, yielding 3.57 percent.
I was going back and forth between EMR and CAT. The EMR buy would have brought me to a full position but the CAT would have been a new position, a position I've been contemplating for about 6 months.

I went with the new position: CAT

The Google money has been fully reinvested in dividend producing stocks.

Also sold BDN, that money will be allocated most likely to XOM.
Added 10 more UTX on the 7% drop.
Picked up some shares of XOM today at $81.48... figured I couldn't go wrong with a stock with a AAA credit rating and yielding 3+ %
GWW is outside the 5 year high end dividend yield and is an excellent performer.