Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I have 2017 puts sold on TSL. There is a rabbit hole forum for solar stocks at http://www.thecontrarianinvestor.com
I had some extra cash to invest through my brokerage account and I've been debating in what direction to go in over a month now, maybe longer. I always seem to favor Tech, Financials and Healthcare with a dose of Oils. Well, I went with Transportation and today invested in two stocks:

NSC

UNP
(06-03-2015, 01:14 PM)rayray Wrote: I had some extra cash to invest through my brokerage account and I've been debating in what direction to go in over a month now, maybe longer. I always seem to favor Tech, Financials and Healthcare with a dose of Oils. Well, I went with Transportation and today invested in two stocks:

NSC

UNP

Nice move on some good deals. I keep looking at UNP but I'm already up to 5.6% total allocation.
I agree, nice pickup on the rails.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I am a glutton for punishment and added more O this morning.
Added a bit more ITC
Bought EMR, nice dip today.
- all CVX, +PEP, +JNJ, +O.
Tiny buys today.
RTN: Great company... might as well grab more regularly.
NPR.UN: this one is on sale so might aswell, yield close to 7% at the moment.
Initiated position in WMT today.
Added to CVS, and finally brought it up to a full position. I was waiting for a dip but after their deal with Target, it looks like this could be the new support, so I decided to stop waiting and pulled the trigger.

Watch for a better entry point soon.
I initiated a small position in TROW today to compliment my larger holding of BEN. Looking forward to both growth stories and would love the chance to add more. Keep lingering at these prices...