Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to DD this morning.
(11-05-2019, 08:37 PM)Hi divmenow Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 05:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 03:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added to WM and CVS. I have been waiting to get into WM at these levels for a while now.

WM is a garbage stock!  So is RSG and I'm nibbling on both of them.  Smile  I'm hoping WM pulls back harder so I can build a large position at a great price.

Haha!! Yeah I took a half position today. I will build the other half it gets lower. I like RSG and WCN as well. With all the wild fires these names should do well over the next several quarters and beyond
Up $1.62. Closed at the highs for the day. CVS big day as well. It was a good day lol
(11-06-2019, 05:52 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 08:37 PM)Hi divmenow Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 05:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 03:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added to WM and CVS. I have been waiting to get into WM at these levels for a while now.

WM is a garbage stock!  So is RSG and I'm nibbling on both of them.  Smile  I'm hoping WM pulls back harder so I can build a large position at a great price.

Haha!! Yeah I took a half position today. I will build the other half it gets lower. I like RSG and WCN as well. With all the wild fires these names should do well over the next several quarters and beyond
Up $1.62. Closed at the highs for the day. CVS big day as well. It was a good day lol

It will take a truly rough market to drop WM much lower.
UPS is on fire. How much further can it go? I got in at $97. Happy for now lol
(11-07-2019, 09:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: UPS is on fire. How much further can it go? I got in at $97.  Happy for now lol

I was thinking the same thing on UPS and other stocks that have had a big run-uo of late. I got into UPS just under $112 a few weeks back. This stock had been dead for years but if you can play the swing trades you can do well with the name. I'm probably going to sell that today and other names that are just getting way too over valued now and keep about 25-30%% in cash.

I see the presidential election playing a big roll in the market soon and see a 15% correction coming. I want some cash on hand for when that happens. If Elizabeth Warren wins were all in big trouble. I also like to add some defensive names to my portfolio.
Added to NEE and MCD
(11-07-2019, 09:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: UPS is on fire. How much further can it go? I got in at $97.  Happy for now lol

Looks slightly overvalued at the moment on FASTGraphs (P/E of 16.33 using their blended basis for calculating P/E). If it rises to its 10yr average P/E of 18.9, that implies a value of $142. Granted, the entire past decade in which that average was calculated has been a bull market and expanding economy. Even at the bottom of the market in March, 2009, and during the most recent big dip in May, P/E hasn't dipped below roughly 12.5, which suggests a floor in the $90s. 

My last purchases were during the May/June '19 and December '18 dips. Cost basis of $104. I'll buy more if it drops under $112 (P/E of 15).
(11-07-2019, 12:45 PM)Otter Wrote:

Looks slightly overvalued at the moment on FASTGraphs (P/E of 16.33 using their blended basis for calculating P/E). If it rises to its 10yr average P/E of 18.9, that implies a value of $142. Granted, the entire past decade in which that average was calculated has been a bull market and expanding economy. Even at the bottom of the market in March, 2009, and during the most recent big dip in May, P/E hasn't dipped below roughly 12.5, which suggests a floor in the $90s. 

My last purchases were during the May/June '19 and December '18 dips. Cost basis of $104. I'll buy more if it drops under $112 (P/E of 15).
I sucked my thumb on UPS but I'll get me some.  I'm scraping a few profits everyday lately because the next sale is coming.  There is very little out there to buy this week
Added to F
Sold some 2 TRIP puts expiring tomorrow for a $100 premium each. If I get it assigned, happy to keep the stock. Otherwise eat the credit.
(11-07-2019, 06:41 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold some 2 TRIP puts expiring tomorrow for a $100 premium each. If I get it assigned, happy to keep the stock. Otherwise eat the credit.

30 strike, I presume
Added to PM this morning.