Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
2 downgrades on MO this morning and its holding its own. Maybe it's the bottom now and we head up.

How about those oil stocks? Wow they have been on a good run the last week
(09-10-2019, 10:38 AM)divmenow Wrote: 2 downgrades on MO this morning and its holding its own. Maybe it's the bottom now and we head up.

How about those oil stocks? Wow they have been on a good run the last week
Sector rotations are usually a lot more subtle than this.  Good growth stocks getting hit hard, and everybody tripping over themselves to buy our value plays they wanted no part of a week ago.  It is such a herd mentality.
Took new positions in XEL, FUN and EMN

Anyone follow EPD? Thoughts?

Thanks
Bought ADM @ 40.00 this A.M.
Added to my MO and ALB positions
Added AMGN
I just started an account for my 10 year old daughter. Wanted to add 5 names to the portfolio. So far bought her MRK, PEP, JNJ and LMT

I cant choose between AAPL and MCD. Just wanted to know which one you would choose to hold over the next 5+ years? I was thinking AAPL just to have a tech name. Thanks
(09-13-2019, 08:52 AM)kblake Wrote: I just started an account for my 10 year old daughter. Wanted to add 5 names to the portfolio. So far bought her MRK, PEP, JNJ and LMT

I cant choose between AAPL and MCD. Just wanted to know which one you would choose to hold over the next 5+ years? I was thinking AAPL just to have a tech name. Thanks

Me personally would choose MCD. I just think they have great technology and keep innovating, where as AAPL just keeps coming out with the same old products. Plus stock has been up a lot.  Now they are coming out with a $5.99 Apple TV plan. Everyone loves the news, but I'm a bit skeptical. 

BTW I wish I never bought MO. I  may just sell it today. Too much over hang on the JUUL news and Trump now getting involved.
Started a position in CAT this morning.

Also added to my OZK position.
(09-13-2019, 08:52 AM)kblake Wrote: I just started an account for my 10 year old daughter. Wanted to add 5 names to the portfolio. So far bought her MRK, PEP, JNJ and LMT

At these prices none of those two. Both are close to 1 year highs, however, MCD is very overvalued, unlike AAPL, but on the other hand MCD is one of those boring companies I'd like to hold as a div growth investor. Just not at these levels. I will actually sell my stake if something of interest appear.
Your other four picks seem very reasonable though!