Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to AFL down $5 today and a new position in AWK.
(01-12-2018, 09:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: Hey Eric you adding to AWK or NEE? I know you bought these name a bit higher a few weeks back. I'm going to buy some AWK today.

All out of capital at this point. I'm sure if either drop 20% I'll look harder at drumming up some funds, but at this point I'm just happy to have them in the portfolio and I'll let them do their thing.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Forget to mention the other day, but I made the first purchase in my daughter's ESA on Tuesday with a $200 buy of XOM.
Added a little bit of OHI.

I've been experimenting with a covered call strategy and it's working out pretty well so a lot of my new funds are going towards that at the moment.
Bought CSCO today. Great looking chart, yield and I think it can trade to $48-50 by years end. To me its one of the best buy in the tech sector. But hey that's just me lol

BTW - Utilities getting hammered again today. But at least my AWK which I bought on Friday is having a nice day!
(01-16-2018, 12:33 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought CSCO today. Great looking chart, yield and I think it can trade to $48-50 by years end. To me its one of the best buy in the tech sector. But hey that's just me lol

BTW - Utilities getting hammered again today. But at least my AWK which I bought on Friday is having a nice day!

Good stuff! I have CSCO on my watchlist, and planning to buy in march (before the april ex.div) unless something unexpected happens.
I sold out of CVS and added to D and BA today. CVS is a still a great company but I took some money off the table after gaining $14 in 3 months lol. Company is still a great name to own but with that kind of gain I cant look back. I just wish my WBA would do the same haha!
Made a couple moves in my trading portfolio today by selling WLL and HP and buying AOS and EXP.

I think AOS and EXP should benefit from hurricane reconstruction and strong economy.

Neither pay much in the way of dividends, but should put up double-digit growth.
Eric, what are your reasons for selling WLL and HP? Selling WLL since it doesn't pay a dividend?
Have plenty of oil and gas yet in my DGI account and still have some WLL in another cash account. I wanted AOS and EXP and needed to sell something to raise capital to buy them.

WLL was a speculative pick and I think I made around 50% on it. On to other ideas!

As to HP, I think it is best of breed for drillers, but I'm not convinced that rig count will grow that much due to the high efficiency of new rigs. There is a bottle-neck of fracking crews available to complete wells, so there is no sense adding rigs if you don't have a way to finish them.

I think EXP and AOS are a bit more consistent with growth as well.
I'll reiterate, that these moves are in my trading account that is for capital appreciation, and not for dividend income.

AOS does have a 24 year streak of dividend growth, but it yields less than 1%.

EXP pays a dividend, but doesn't consistently raise it to be considered a dividend growth stock.
I added to GE, which I know is taboo because they cut their dividend. It's a longterm play. I figure if they cut the dividend, it's more retained earnings to invest or grow the business, and it still pays a dividend, which they will probably increase at some point down the road. I think that however it plays out, I'll be glad I bought at these levels in ten or twenty years.