Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
T and GE have so much in common. Both should just merge and this way only 1 exists lol. T may cut the dividend once they Time Warner merger takes place. They will be taking on a lot of debt. But who knows. Your guess is as good as mine.

T may go to $32. That's about the low set 5 years ago. Long term not a bad entry point.

But I would rather buy consistent growers that pay a dividend like ITW or CMI
(10-25-2017, 09:23 AM)Rasec Wrote: Do you see risks of T cutting it's dividend?

No way. They still have the earnings and cashflow to keep paying the dividend even after the merger. Yes, they have a lot of debt but that is something that we already knew and you can bet that the management has thought about it too. They most certainly don't want to lose their dividend streak.

But I'm almost certain that for the next few years it will be the same old $0.01 increase. I'm ok with that though as long as the debt starts going down. (which the management has stated to be the goal)

I'll probably buy some more today, a dividend aristocrat for a P/E of under 16? Yes please.
I know its not a dividend stock but I took a small position in CELG this morning at $98.80. Down $21 Holy Cow. And this company has one of the best pipelines in the industry. Happy to get in after it has fallen $40 in like the past few weeks. They beat earnings but lowered the 2020 estimates lol
Also added to RTN and LMT today. Silly selloff. Rotation I guess. I decided to sell TGT and PKI after the run-up and use the proceeds to buy those 2 stocks with bigger dividends.
(10-26-2017, 11:37 AM)divmenow Wrote: Also added to RTN and LMT today. Silly selloff.

Very nice buys. RTN is my biggest holding and I've been eyeing LMT for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Regarding the selloff for RTN: I guess that's the way it's going to be when people have ridiculous expectations. I have no idea how these so called professional analysts do their research but something is wrong when two things happen on the same day. 1. The company raises their own guidance on EPS and revenue. 2. Analysts say that the results were below their expectations.
Exactly on RTN. And with all the contracts they have, it can only get better. I'm actually happy it went down. I didn't think I would get another chance to buy.

Regarding LMT. Dont wait too long lol

I would love to own NOC as well, but cant own them all Wink
I added a little XOM to my 5 years olds account today. I figure its a good buy and hold for the next 18+ years. Earnings were good and chart much better now.

How about WBA? Wow new 52 weeks low
WBA at a 2.5% yield is pretty enticing. I think the AMZN fears are a bit overblown.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(10-27-2017, 09:55 AM)EricL Wrote: WBA at a 2.5% yield is pretty enticing. I think the AMZN fears are a bit overblown.

Past 30 days.

WBA down 18%

AMZN up 18% (7 years worth of WBA dividends)
I will never own AMZN. Wish I did at times lol but it doesn't fit in the kind of companies I invest in. MSFT and TXN are however.

WBA actually had a great earnings report the other day. They even raised guidance but Wall St doesn't care at this point since of all the talk of Amazon getting into the prescription business. And I just don't see them doing that. Too many obstacles to be able to run that kind of business. Just a huge over reaction that will soon pass.
(10-28-2017, 11:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: I will never own AMZN. Wish I did at times lol but it doesn't fit in the kind of companies I invest in. MSFT and TXN are however.

WBA actually had a great earnings report the other day. They even raised guidance but Wall St doesn't care at this point since of all the talk of Amazon getting into the prescription business. And I just don't see them doing that. Too many obstacles to be able to run that kind of business. Just a huge over reaction that will soon pass.

To each his own of course. Mail order pharmacy is not a new nor very complicated business model. The news is that the giant has indicated they will wade into that space.

WBA does nothing special and has HUGE brick and mortar exposure/expense.

It is unlikely that WBA will outperform its past or AMZN anytime in the foreseeable future IMO.
CVS wanting to buy Aetna tells you all you need to know about how serious they view the Amazon threat.  I would be hesitant with CVS and WBA until more is known about Amazon's plans and how disruptive they will be.