Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Adding UL
(11-11-2016, 05:59 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 02:35 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 01:03 PM)rapidacid Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 10:23 AM)EricL Wrote: Added to my Omega Health (OHI) position this morning.

8.6% yield!

Thanks for the idea Eric. Added 30% more to my existing position at $28.50. I had not been watching the destruction in this.

Looks like catching a falling knife.  What does everyone see in this stock that it will turn around soon?

Marty, I don't know about the others but I'm not too worried about a "turn around soon".

The last four quarters funds from operations (FFO), a non-GAAP measure adopted by the equity REIT industry to account for the substantial non-cash expenses required by GAAP accounting, was $3.08. At $29.00 per share, that's a P/FFO of around 9 -- pretty low.

In addition, the yield with an indicated dividend of $2.44 is over 8% and a FFO payout ratio of around 79% which, to me, seems well covers the dividend.

Price ain't everything. Reinvest at 8% for a few years and see how well that works. Not only that, those depending on that income in the very near future just got a raise if they wish to take advantage of it. My limit order is in.

I'm new at buying dividends for the long haul so I'm still learning. Still I like look at the charts and do not see the bottom of this one yet. Support around 27. If I see it start to trend back up then I will nibble. Do like the 8% div Yield though.
Put in order in for QCOM  - Ex div date just around the corner 11/28  3.3% yield
(11-13-2016, 08:05 PM)KTMarty Wrote: I'm new at buying dividends for the long haul so I'm still learning. Still I like look at the charts and do not see the bottom of this one yet. Support around 27. If I see it start to trend back up then I will nibble. Do like the 8% div Yield though.

I have zero interest in attempting to change your mind so the following is just my own perspective. I would be ecstatic if OHI stayed at this price for the next 5 years. I have my settings set to DRIP so if I could accumulate shares at an 8.X% yield I couldn't be happier. Capital appreciate is very nearly a non-variable in my dividend investing philosophy. I'm not looking to buy low and sell high. I will lose that game often if I try to time the market. 

Wonderful companies at fair prices.
Compounded interest is the 8th wonder of the world. 
Buy solid companies, shut the market down for 10 years, collect dividends

No real need to overthink it.

Bought V today.
picked up some V
I bought some HD down over $4 after a great report. Fist time ever owning this name. Just a very small position.
(11-15-2016, 09:34 AM)billm Wrote: picked up some V

What's the play with V?  It looks expensive and low yield even after the recent drop.

I bought some HD on a whim, already own Lowes so why not corner the market?
(11-15-2016, 03:26 PM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 09:34 AM)billm Wrote: picked up some V

What's the play with V?  It looks expensive and low yield even after the recent drop.

I bought some HD on a whim, already own Lowes so why not corner the market?
It's a fast growing stock with a fast growing dividend... Note the double "fast"

I looked at it yesterday but it's still expensive. I'll look for opportunities to owe the stock at better every points.
55 shares of OHI bringing me to 100 shares in my Roth @ 28.82 per share for an 8.4% yield.
picked up UL
I took a position in GE today. I think it will do very well under Trump. There in the right space.