Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-05-2016, 03:24 PM)divmenow Wrote: Actually CVS and MO are on my watch list along with the beaten down utilities like D and Duk. Not buying just yet.

CVS is really down, it's at a new 52 week low.
(10-05-2016, 04:01 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 03:24 PM)divmenow Wrote: Actually CVS and MO are on my watch list along with the beaten down utilities like D and Duk. Not buying just yet.

CVS is really down, it's at a new 52 week low.

Are you guys using anything special to keep track of your portfolio?
Caught a bit of a falling knife with a 1/2 position in EXR @ $75.50. Then of course, it dropped to 74.25. I'll watch it for a while and average down. But I promised myself I'd go for it when a conviction purchase hit my buy price, missed too many good deals trying to time that bottom.

Ronn
(10-05-2016, 05:30 PM)billm Wrote: Are you guys using anything special to keep track of your portfolio?

I use a combination of Microsoft Excel, Stockrover (metrics & valuation), Finviz (visualization), and Seeking Alpha (news).
(10-06-2016, 09:50 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 05:30 PM)billm Wrote: Are you guys using anything special to keep track of your portfolio?

I use a combination of Microsoft Excel, Stockrover (metrics & valuation), Finviz (visualization), and Seeking Alpha (news).

Same thing here with one difference, I use Google Sheets instead of Excel. And obviously the broker provides a ton of info as well.
Morningstar (I have both their premium service and Dividend Investor)

Ronn
I might be trying to catch a falling knife but I think I'll open a position on SHW today. What do you guys think about SHW at these prices?
(10-07-2016, 11:21 AM)Rasec Wrote: I might be trying to catch a falling knife but I think I'll open a position on SHW today. What do you guys think about SHW at these prices?

I opened before the drop today and will average down.
I like these prices a lot more than when it was topping $300 and a P/E over 25. Still not at a 52 week low so I don't consider it a true falling knife. Just coming a little closer to fair value.
Well the PPG news cant be good for SHW. Might head lower to that $239-$240 support. But PPG getting interesting at these levels. Keeping my eye on it.
(10-06-2016, 09:58 AM)Rasec Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 09:50 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: I use a combination of Microsoft Excel, Stockrover (metrics & valuation), Finviz (visualization), and Seeking Alpha (news).

Same thing here with one difference, I use Google Sheets instead of Excel. And obviously the broker provides a ton of info as well.

I've used Google Sheets in the past but didn't like them.  I do like that they are online and can be accessed anywhere and data updates automatically, but I've grown up in Excel and still live in Excel, so I don't like to use anything but that.
Today was a time to increase my positions in a couple of companies that have taken a beating recently. Perfect time to buy these? Probably not but I think both companies will do well in the long run.

WFC and HON. And I'll grab something from canada tomorrow when the markets are open.