Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Grabbed some Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and Boardwalk REIT. Both were small buys, mainly reinvesting divs.
(07-26-2016, 07:04 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 12:06 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Bought some more DIS today.  Also considering adding some TIF here.

I am thinking about adding TIF as well at these levels. I mean just look at the moves LB, TGT, and JWN have had the past few weeks. I'm thinking TIF can rebound as well. Nice buy on DIS. Everyone hates it now which is a good sign. Just look at what happened to AAPL after the close. Up over $6.

That's similar to my thinking on both TIF and DIS.  Although, on TIF, I don't buy hoping for a short term bounce, since I plan on never selling.
Added more DIS today. In this $95-96 range, I'm happy to keep buying.

I also entered a GTC order to buy TIF at $62, so that may go through in the next day or two. It's down to $62.40 right now.
Sold my entire CVX position. I've had concerns over cash flow and dividend safety for some time now, and the most recent earnings report did nothing to calm them.

I bought all of my CVX within the last year, with a cost basis in the high 70s, so I can't complain about the 20%+ capital gains.
I watched a recent TSLA Q&A and they are going to be producing a lot of lithium ion batteries, that's for sure. Makes you think about the future of oil and gas. I think CVX and Shell should be ok because they have a lot of natural gas in the portfolio. Hopefully. I may trim some oil too.
TIF I bought at 59 during Brexit but still good value now. I was buying DIS with you guys Friday around 96.
(07-31-2016, 03:15 PM)Caversham Wrote: Sold my entire CVX position. I've had concerns over cash flow and dividend safety for some time now, and the most recent earnings report did nothing to calm them.

I bought all of my CVX within the last year, with a cost basis in the high 70s, so I can't complain about the 20%+ capital gains.

You gotta be comfortable and sleep well at night.  I've held for a long time and will continue to do so, but those concerns are definitely shared by others, including myself.
Bought a little WMT today. Think it does well for rest of year.
(08-01-2016, 09:28 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought a little WMT today. Think it does well for rest of year.

What do you base this opinion on?
Full position in CMP when it hit $68.

Ronn
Decided to finally cut my losses and sold the tiny position I had in USO. This was a purely speculative position which I got it back in the day when oil was low and figured that with time it will bounce back. While the price of oil actually hasn't moved much since then, the price of USO certainly has gone downwards. I don't see a huge recovery in oil anytime soon so I figured that this is the time to get rid of this and invest that money into something that gives me dividends.

I split that cash in two and used it on WFC and HON.
(08-03-2016, 10:03 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I split that cash in two and used it on WFC and HON.

I like and own both of those.  I'm watching TIF right now, it briefly traded below $59 today.
(08-01-2016, 09:18 PM)ronn38 Wrote: Full position in CMP when it hit $68.

Ronn

Nice buy, 4.0% yld