Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Brexit vote won.

European markets down ~10%. US futures were down almost 5%, but have recovered a little, now down 3.5%-4%.

Anyone picking up any deals? My initial impression is that the market is overreacting and the opportunity won't last long.
I sure did bought BUD and NOC in pre-market. That's all for today.
TIF at a 52-week low. If you've wanted to buy TIF, now is probably a good time.
230 shares of WFC :-)

Ronn
(06-27-2016, 09:56 AM)ronn38 Wrote: 230 shares of WFC :-)

Ronn

Bought 173 shares of WFC. I just love it when folks on SA bot some shares of XYZ.
I'm done with WFC. 850 is enough.
Just out of curiosity, why WFC instead of another financial? They're all taking a pounding. I've currently got JPM and WFC, but another post got me thinking about MET as well.

During big drops is it better to diversify or compound on the dips?
I've been adding to GILD and AAPL

But yesterday I started a new position BF-b
I added to DOW, TAP and HON.
Sold 1/2 position in GIS today, using the proceeds to buy NKE. I don't think I've ever done something like this before, as I generally tend to hold forever. GIS has run up so high, and it's a slow grower. NKE is a fast grower and has come down. Seems like a good trade to me.
(06-28-2016, 02:42 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Sold 1/2 position in GIS today, using the proceeds to buy NKE.  I don't think I've ever done something like this before, as I generally tend to hold forever.  GIS has run up so high, and it's a slow grower.  NKE is a fast grower and has come down.  Seems like a good trade to me.

I actually sold NKE today right before the close. But I'm looking to buy back in a bit cheaper.
Sold all my UA today on the runup and bought the steady performer HD.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce got nicely punished (-3%) for their new acquisition so I decided to grab a few more shares.
Also a small buy of Boardwalk REIT.