Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Purchased 25 shares MSFT at $51.75 to bring my holding to 340 shares.
Added to my position in LB this morning. Happy to accumulate below $80.
Got my end of tax season bonus and went on a buying spree. 15 shares of AXP in a taxable account. In my wife's ROTH, 18 shares of DEO. In my IRA, 20 shares of SO and 17 shares of XOM.
(04-26-2016, 03:32 PM)ChadR Wrote: Got my end of tax season bonus and went on a buying spree.  15 shares of AXP in a taxable account.  In my wife's ROTH, 18 shares of DEO.  In my IRA, 20 shares of SO and 17 shares of XOM.

Yes, I like AXP's growth prospects, ironically.  It's been beaten down so badly this past year.
The AAPL drop was tempting, but I decided to add to my ABT position today instead.
(04-27-2016, 09:47 PM)kh137 Wrote: The AAPL drop was tempting, but I decided to add to my ABT position today instead.

I bought FE, AEP and ABT today!
(04-27-2016, 09:47 PM)kh137 Wrote: The AAPL drop was tempting, but I decided to add to my ABT position today instead.

Good choice in light of today's announcement of purchasing St. Jude Medical. You weren't trading on inside information, were you? Dodgy Tongue

Took a good hit today but in the long term I think the combination will be quite successful.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Opened a position in SBUX at $56, 40 shares.
Orbital ATK
Last week,

Added twice to AAPL

Struggled with the choice but once it handsomely broke the 2% yield I just couldn't ignore the long term investment opportunity to add to the position.

Divested HAL for a small profit--I still like the company; however, I favor integrated oil companies due to the diversification of upstream, midstream and downstream operations. It's my personality, I like to be well rounded when given the chance. Hell, what can I say? I'm still evolving as an investor after all these years.
(05-06-2016, 07:11 AM)rayray Wrote: Last week,

Added twice to AAPL

Struggled with the choice but once it handsomely broke the 2% yield I just couldn't ignore the long term investment opportunity to add to the position.

Divested HAL for a small profit--I still like the company; however, I favor integrated oil companies due to the diversification of upstream, midstream and downstream operations. It's my personality, I like to be well rounded when given the chance. Hell, what can I say? I'm still evolving as an investor after all these years.

I added UNP, XOM, EVA and LMT today. EVA is so undervalued.
Purchases have been few and far between but I did round up CALM to a full position a week or two ago.