Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
crimsonghost747
(06-08-2021, 08:16 PM)divmenow Wrote: 2 days have gone by and not 1 buy. Told you I could do it  ?

But not sure I can make it till 3.  I’m itching to buy and got my eye already on a few names lol

Hmm... if I recall correctly I was estimating that you would finally crack on Wednesday, 9th of June.
OHH LOOK AT THE DATE NOW.

Exciting times!

just for that comment I will walk away from my computer and wait to Thursday now ?
I think it's all good. We are a bunch of wealth builders because we get more of a kick out of buying a stock or fund than say a new tv or furniture. (Buying collectibles can also be a healthy habit because they often increase in value too)
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(06-09-2021, 06:05 AM)divmenow Wrote: crimsonghost747
(06-08-2021, 08:16 PM)divmenow Wrote: 2 days have gone by and not 1 buy. Told you I could do it  ?

But not sure I can make it till 3.  I’m itching to buy and got my eye already on a few names lol

Hmm... if I recall correctly I was estimating that you would finally crack on Wednesday, 9th of June.
OHH LOOK AT THE DATE NOW.

Exciting times!

just for that comment I will walk away from my computer and wait to Thursday now ?
Pretty sure he guessed June 8th so you are cleared to make spec trades today.  Smile
Whos adding FDX and UPS.

UPS news was actually positive. There driving it down for cheaper shares.

Added UPS
I seem to be suffering from "flat port syndrome" lately. Maybe I've built both the taxable and ROTH in such a way that every day, everything balances out. Smile
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(06-09-2021, 09:55 AM)kblake Wrote: Whos adding FDX and UPS.

UPS news was actually positive. There driving it down for cheaper shares.

Added UPS
Who is they?  People like us taking profits everyday we can?   Smile  J/K most everything transportation should do pretty well if fuel prices don't go too nuts.   

Sold some puts today.  GNRC-ENPH-VSTO so far.

EDIT: And a DLTR put sell
Use my XOM dividend to add a little LOW. V, MA and NKE are on my buy list if prices go lower.
Damn I held out almost 4 days lol

Added LOW, DHR, IBB, WEC, and LIN

New positions in CAT and MDT

Trimmed lots of VLO, KEY, ORI and BP today.
I'm thinking of buying BTU as a spec trade. Anyone want to join me lol
I just saw BGS is the 10 most shorted stock. I don't own it, but I got a think if there a short squeeze this thing could really shoot up. I know some own the name in here.
(06-10-2021, 01:30 PM)divmenow Wrote: Damn I held out almost 4 days lol

We are proud of you!
So, it was time to deploy what cash I had left from selling T.
And also liquidated my super tiny PBT position.

The proceeds from both went towards buying an ETF that tracks the Alerian MLP index. Not perfect but us Europeans are living in the dark ages when it comes to ETFs. So roughly half of my T position went into the basic DGI stuff, PEP, LMT etc. And half go to this, so I'll maybe take a tiny hit on the yield but nothing too serious.

And now you ask?
"So crimson, you're jumping from one yield trap to the next??"

Yes. Yes I am. Big Grin