Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Picked up 26 shares of T. Needing to increase my telecom position.
Bought some TGT on the dip.
Bought some EOG yesterday for my son's ESA account.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(05-18-2016, 09:37 AM)Rasec Wrote: Bought some TGT on the dip.

Curious as to why you bought TGT even after this bog decline today. Retail is in trouble. Why not buy a more stable stock like MO or GIS? I love to shop at Target. It's my favorite store but lol
(05-18-2016, 10:37 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Curious as to why you bought TGT even after this bog decline today. Retail is in trouble. Why not buy a more stable stock like MO or GIS? I love to shop at Target. It's my favorite store but lol

I bought some too.  It's on sale about 9% today.  They made more profit than expected and the price dropped significantly.  That is a function of the market's irrational logic, not the fundamentals of the company.
(05-18-2016, 10:59 AM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:37 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I bought some too.  It's on sale about 9% today.  They made more profit than expected and the price dropped significantly.  That is a function of the market's irrational logic, not the fundamentals of the company.

Thanks for voicing my opinion. 

A company with 33 years of history paying divs, 3.3% yield, 40% payout ratio, PE of 13, low debt and 74B in sales selling at a discount? I'll take it! 

MO and GIS are great companies, just not at discount price today!
(05-18-2016, 10:37 AM)divmenow Wrote: Curious as to why you bought TGT even after this bog decline today. Retail is in trouble. Why not buy a more stable stock like MO or GIS? I love to shop at Target. It's my favorite store but lol

I think TGT is a good longer term holding, so buying on the dips is a good idea if you want to hold it in your portfolio.
I just bought some TGT prior to the drop; I really wish I had more cash on hand to take advantage of this drop.
(05-18-2016, 02:27 PM)benjamen Wrote: I just bought some TGT prior to the drop; I really wish I had more cash on hand to take advantage of this drop.

Glad I bought WMT before the close yesterday. Bought HRL and some OHI this morning.
Added to LB here. It's dropped from the $90's to under $61. That's a huge overreaction, IMO. They did lower guidance a bit, but not this much. Also, their buyback dollars are going much further at these prices.
Me too DG. I've been nibbling on LB from the early 70s and down.

I like this recent hire too. The ex- CEO of Spanks for the victoria's secret brand. It's a serious move.

Wexner said they are pruning for further growth down the line. Sounds good.
Added to my EOG position this afternoon.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha