Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Not yet but they bribed us better than average through Covid. I could have taken regular sick leave. They understaff so your friends have a bad day when you call off.
(05-03-2021, 07:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Not yet but they bribed us better than average through Covid.  I could have taken regular sick leave.  They understaff so your friends have a bad day when you call off.

I hear ya on the short staffing, same at the huge green auto parts store.
(05-03-2021, 07:51 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 07:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Not yet but they bribed us better than average through Covid.  I could have taken regular sick leave.  They understaff so your friends have a bad day when you call off.

I hear ya on the short staffing, same at the huge green auto parts store.
They are finding the line and they will cross it.  Customers tell me our customer service stinks but at least we aren't as bad as Lowes or Menards so they come to HD.  Starting to show up on customer surveys big time.  I am asking them to cut my shifts.  It's stressful when customers are angry before you even meet them.  Enough of my whining lol.
(05-03-2021, 06:53 PM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 09:15 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Hi all,

I hope May is a great month for us, but I think the market will be choppy until:
1) The Pfizer or Moderna vaccines prove they are effective against the new India double-mutation strain.  I think a lot of people are worried it's only a matter of time before what's happening in India spreads worldwide.
2) The extent of the chip shortage becomes clear.
I don't understand, if there's a chip shortage why does TSM keep dropping?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Right now, right or wrong, the perception is that less chips are being delivered, hence concern over TSM's earnings.

Edit: Was just browsing the TSM conversation forums:

Yang
CEO said they could meet the basic chip demand as soon as in June.
Bullish

I hope that comes to pass and the situation turns around in June!
Added to MO.
Look at that ARKK chart. Looks like a sled going down that hill. Those who said Kathie Woods lost her touch was right lol

And those 3X etf's are getting whacked today.

I think MO, PM are exactly the kind of names you want to own. Even t lol

I added MO, PM, and CLX

NASDAQ down 347 points. Wow!!
Video 
(05-04-2021, 10:14 AM)pid=\25813 Wrote:Look at that ARKK chart. Looks like a sled going down that hill.  Those who said Kathie Woods lost her touch was right lol

I added MO, PM, and CLX  

[Image: C4QxMEtVUAEIfd4.jpg]
(05-04-2021, 10:14 AM)kblake Wrote: Look at that ARKK chart. Looks like a sled going down that hill.  Those who said Kathie Woods lost her touch was right lol

I added MO, PM, and CLX  

It's a very good day to already be defensive.  Time to wade into the fear with caution.  SPEC is poison today but so much of the market looks cheap until you realize it's only pulled back to prices of a few weeks or months ago.  I'll have a lot of trades to share later. I've got serious shopping money but it's too early to get crazy. I definitely agree with you guys on that.
Closed my ai and dash put. These stocks still have way more to go down but they been down in multiple days in rows.

Enph ouch!. That will take some work.

CVS at $80 Smile.
(05-04-2021, 10:30 AM)vbin Wrote: Closed my ai and dash put. These stocks still have way more to go down but they been down in multiple days in rows.

Enph ouch!. That will take some work.

CVS at $80 Smile.

Yeah I will take a break from my chest beating and admit ENPH is going to take some skilled option roll dancing tricks lol.  If it drops anymore we are going to buy some shares 10% higher than we wish.  This is why I play with profitable companies.  I'm saying there is a chance if we don't panic lol.  As tempting as it is to double down with more contracts I said ENPH is actually worth about $100 now and I still believe that is true.
I added a little AVGO today.
(04-30-2021, 10:24 AM)EricL Wrote: Made a bunch of moves in my trading account this morning.

Liquidated positions in CRSP, NTLA, EDIT, NVTA, BNGO, NNDM, TDOC, PACB, and SHAK.

Opened new positions in AMZN and GOOGL and added to my positions in SEDG, ENPH, and GBTC.

Portfolio holdings by size is now: GBTC, NVDA, SQ, TTD, FB, DG, AMZN, GOOGL, SHOP, EGY, SEDG, ENPH

Basically came down to getting rid of the speculative junk and moving more into companies with actual earnings and growth.

Still seeing plenty of pain today, but sure glad I dumped the spec stocks when I did!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha