Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-29-2021, 09:04 AM)stockguru Wrote: Who's adding to BMY on the dip. Not me I need another 10% correction at least to get in.

I added a few more ENPH

TDOC on my watch list. Hoping for lower to get in maybe $150. Another Cathie Woods stinker lol. She's losing big on her purchases. Told you she was a scam lol.

NOW looking for $460-$475

Those are names I would own in my growth portfolio on larger dips. At least today is a start on the dips lol
I will add bmy. have a med size position in long term account close to $60. BMY is undervalued by a huge margin.
I sold off my Next Era Energy holding at a slight loss and picked up Ares Capital. I hope to add Next Era back someday, but I wanted Ares in the fold more and NEE was my only underachiever at this point.
(04-29-2021, 09:04 AM)stockguru Wrote: Who's adding to BMY on the dip. Not me I need another 10% correction at least to get in.

I added a few more ENPH

TDOC on my watch list. Hoping for lower to get in maybe $150. Another Cathie Woods stinker lol. She's losing big on her purchases. Told you she was a scam lol.

NOW looking for $460-$475

Those are names I would own in my growth portfolio on larger dips. At least today is a start on the dips lol
I have strike 60 and 61 BMY  puts so maybe me tomorrow.  I could roll them of course.
Closed my TAP calls.
As cheap as BMY looks I just can’t see buying if here. Look at a 10 year chart. It has lagged the market and done nothing. No new highs in 10 years lol. MRK just as bad! I would rather just own ABBV and put it all in that ? Better dividend, better growth.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-29-2021, 01:22 PM)divmenow Wrote: As cheap as BMY looks I just can’t see buying if here. Look at a 10 year chart. It has lagged the market and done nothing. No new highs in 10 years lol. MRK just as bad! I would rather just own ABBV and put it all in that ? Better dividend, better growth.

That was the conclusion I came to as well; ABBV is currently the only bio/pharma that I have.

Also, *ahem*, Lockheed Martin is up to $380 today.  Just sayin' Smile
(04-29-2021, 01:22 PM)divmenow Wrote: As cheap as BMY looks I just can’t see buying if here. Look at a 10 year chart. It has lagged the market and done nothing. No new highs in 10 years lol. MRK just as bad! I would rather just own ABBV and put it all in that ? Better dividend, better growth.

BMY is a fun lesson in valuation and the difference between business performance and stock performance.

BMY has grown EPS at a 19.6% rate over the last five years, yet has produced total returns of just 1.6% annualized.

During that time it went from a PE multiple of 34 to a current PE of under 10.

At that multiple and a 3% yield, the market is pricing in zero growth going forward.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I suppose they could increase the dividend further to attract new investors.

(Now I'm curious if their growth spike correlates to when they became customers of my company Smile .)
(04-29-2021, 02:05 PM)EricL Wrote:

BMY is a fun lesson in valuation and the difference between business performance and stock performance.

BMY has grown EPS at a 19.6% rate over the last five years, yet has produced total returns of just 1.6% annualized.

During that time it went from a PE multiple of 34 to a current PE of under 10.

At that multiple and a 3% yield, the market is pricing in zero growth going forward.
I was very fortunate to buy BMY when it bottomed or I would be less patient.  I sell puts every couple weeks too as it seems to have very solid support.  I will make it a core it stays in the 50s.
Continued my consolidation journey. Sold off my next-most underachiever CSCO - there's nothing wrong with it, just wanted to strengthen some of the others more. Sent the proceeds to VOO, T, STX, RA, ORC. Now all positions are $2000+ in value.

Edit: I think I want to get all existing positions to $2500+ before taking on a new position.
(04-29-2021, 02:18 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I suppose they could increase the dividend further to attract new investors.

(Now I'm curious if their growth spike correlates to when they became customers of my company Smile .)

A higher dividend typically doesn't do much for share price, growth is what drives share price. 

See IBM, T, XOM, etc.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Chuck Carnival has recommended BMY a few times recently as well Things are different after CLGN merger, we can't compare to 5 years ago. Need to relook at the company.

I have less than medium position, I thought about adding more today but may be I will wait for next couple days to see if it falls further.

Noticed RH recently, OMG, it's at $700+ that a 10 bagger in less than 2 years. When buffet bought I looked at it and dint buy becouse it had ran up few bucks. Now it's too expensive to touch.