Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-07-2021, 11:08 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 02:15 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 10:02 AM)kblake Wrote: That's the democrats plan. Take away our retirement plans so we're dependent on them. Who voted for this guy lol.  All our retirement will be gone at this rate in a month lol

Anyway... I added to CRWD, XEL, GOLD, AAPL, and LMT

I'm down to like 5k now to spend lol

Question. For guys like Eric who have no cash ON hand. How do you stomach bad weeks or months like this and cant add to holdings like CRWD, CRSP, NTLA  and PACB?

My trading account is a pretty small portion (less than 10%) of my overall savings, so its more for fun than anything I take too seriously.

I stay fully invested with my accounts because history shows that the stock market is up more often than not. I've learned I'm not a good market timer, so I just buy what I like and let it ride. I miss out on adding on dips, but for the most part I think it's worked out fairly well.

Are you saying 90%+ of your savings are in cash (as in, bank accounts)?  Or am I misunderstanding?

No, what I was saying is that my trading "fun" account is less than 10% of my savings. I have my public DGI portfolio, stocks in an investment club, a ROTH IRA, 401k, etc. 

Cash savings are about 2% of assets. I have 20+ years until retirement, pretty much whatever is investable is currently invested.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I added to some beaten down name this morning.

BEPC, LMT and AMGN
Added some AAPL, HII, TSM and F
Every time someone mentions HII I think of the movie Pretty Woman, because that's pretty much the real-world equivalent of the fictional ship building business in that film.

[ Morse ] Mr. Lewis and I are going to build ships together.

Great big ships.
(03-08-2021, 11:32 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Every time someone mentions HII I think of the movie Pretty Woman, because that's pretty much the real-world equivalent of the fictional ship building business in that film.

[ Morse ] Mr. Lewis and I are going to build ships together.

Great big ships.
For some reason I always think weed stock.  Now I have to go look it up.  If I ever get carpal tunnel, it's from typing tickers, and I blame Divemenow and Guru.  Smile
Added some more AAPL this morning. Also have a lowball limit order of $112.49 in case they drop even more today and I don't have time to watch the market this afternoon.
Added oil leaps, looking at QCOM to add more( I started a small position recently). But feels too soon.

Sold some pltr bi weekly calls.
(03-08-2021, 11:46 AM)ChadR Wrote: Added some more AAPL this morning.  Also have a lowball limit order of $112.49 in case they drop even more today and I don't have time to watch the market this afternoon.
I am doing some of that low balling as well.  Already bought a ton of UTEs and some Tech near the lows.  The new shares will be a better deal or not happen.  No orders drop, or 3/4ths of them do when you aren't expecting it.

Sold a few covered calls.
Somebody explain the re-opening stocks to me. Massive balance sheet damage, dividend eliminated, hoping to make five year ago level profits in 2022. Stocks approaching the top of their pre-Covid range when things weren't all that great for most of them pre-Covid anyway. There are numerous examples and SIX would be one of them. What am I missing?
(03-08-2021, 01:15 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Somebody explain the re-opening stocks to me.  Massive balance sheet damage, dividend eliminated, hoping to make five year ago level profits in 2022.  Stocks approaching the top of their pre-Covid range when things weren't all that great for most of them pre-Covid anyway.  There are numerous examples and SIX would be one of them.  What am I missing?

If the price is close to pre-covid range.
Then I think the play is: everyone is bored and has tons of money. (this part is well supported by the actual numbers) 
They will spend it as soon as they get a chance to and buy tons of experiences. So cruises, zoos, disney parks, your six flags, restaurants etc.

It's not a long term play, but rather a "earnings will be crazy for a Q or two" play. Or at least that is my view.
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(03-08-2021, 01:42 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 01:15 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Somebody explain the re-opening stocks to me.  Massive balance sheet damage, dividend eliminated, hoping to make five year ago level profits in 2022.  Stocks approaching the top of their pre-Covid range when things weren't all that great for most of them pre-Covid anyway.  There are numerous examples and SIX would be one of them.  What am I missing?

Then I think the play is: everyone is bored and has tons of money. (this part is well supported by the actual numbers) 
They will spend it as soon as they get a chance to and buy tons of experiences. So cruises, zoos, disney parks, your six flags, restaurants etc.

It's not a long term play, but rather a "earnings will be crazy for a Q or two" play. Or at least that is my view.
That is some of it.  SIX plans to lose big money this year despite reopening.    Next year some 2016 earnings.  I think it's just zero DD momentum hoping.  Restaurants make more sense.  The majority maintained some cash flow through this and small competitors died.

Added AAPL-ENPH-TSM-ARKF. Still just nibbling.some of these are newish losing positions now. When is the rotation back to tech scheduled while they scream the DOW is overvalued? I'll be proud of them if they wait a month lol.
(03-08-2021, 01:56 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(03-08-2021, 01:42 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

That is some of it.  SIX plans to lose big money this year despite reopening.    Next year some 2016 earnings.  I think it's just zero DD momentum hoping.  Restaurants make more sense.  The majority maintained some cash flow through this and small competitors died.  

Added AAPL-ENPH-TSM-ARKF. Still just nibbling.some of these are newish losing positions now.  When is the rotation back to tech scheduled while they scream the DOW is overvalued?  I'll be proud of them if they wait a month lol.

AAPL off BIG FROM the highs and CCL continues to go up. Rubbish  Big Grin

I added 35 more AAPL