Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-17-2021, 09:31 AM)divmenow Wrote: So I guess we have new leaders in the market now bidding up crap stocks like LDOS and getting big dips in AAPL, QCOM, LMT ect. This market is so whack. You have to be careful now in today’s market. Boy how things have changed, AAPL use to be loved. Now everyone is saying it’s going to $75 LMAO. Get real. I will be buying AAPL as soon as it dips below $130 today. Redit and all these chat boards are ruining the market and the good companies getting caught in the cross fire. Things could get really dangerous if this crap continues and will affect all of us and our retirement funds lol. I may just sell if all and buy CD’s. Anyone I just had to vent ??
So Hypemenow is complaining about all the hype?  Is this a sign of a market bubble top?  And where were you?  We've been worried lol.  Smile

I am nibbling some garbage stocks to my growthy port today.  We aren't getting a major dip for awhile so I might as well get my January contribution done.   

QCOM and ARKG so far.
(02-17-2021, 10:10 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 09:31 AM)divmenow Wrote: So I guess we have new leaders in the market now bidding up crap stocks like LDOS and getting big dips in AAPL, QCOM, LMT ect. This market is so whack. You have to be careful now in today’s market. Boy how things have changed, AAPL use to be loved. Now everyone is saying it’s going to $75 LMAO. Get real. I will be buying AAPL as soon as it dips below $130 today. Redit and all these chat boards are ruining the market and the good companies getting caught in the cross fire. Things could get really dangerous if this crap continues and will affect all of us and our retirement funds lol. I may just sell if all and buy CD’s. Anyone I just had to vent ??
So Hypemenow is complaining about all the hype?  Is this a sign of a market bubble top?  And where were you?  We've been worried lol.  Smile

I am nibbling some garbage stocks to my growthy port today.  We aren't getting a major dip for awhile so I might as well get my January contribution done.   

QCOM and ARKG so far.

I avoid anything ARK related lol. I don't trust them. This fund and Kathy Woods is the biggest hype on the planet. Like the plague haha!! They are nothing but a trading company. All they do is trade in and out of stocks. I have them on my news feed and you will be amazed at all the losses they have been taken in companies in the past few weeks. One week they buy CRSP in the $190's range and a week later they sell the name 4 days out 5 repeatedly and lost $20-$30 a share where they purchased it. I can name a dozen other names they have done this too. Every day in fact they are trading in and out of stocks. This is not your typical ETF. Just be careful with that investment. I'm actually surprised you’re buying into it. Seems risky compared what you normally buy   Big Grin  If the market corrects this thing will take a beating. You would be better off buying T    Big Grin

You know as well as I do. When it comes to funds and ETF'S. The biggest winners can easily become the biggest losers the next year   Big Grin . I'm not trying to scare you lol. But ARK is one of the reason this market is the way it is today. Hype leads to excitement and that leads to big losses lol

And sure I hype certain names up lol, but those stocks don't need the hype. They do well no matter hyped or not. I normally get in before the hype begins. They hype after is just an added bonus lol

Note: ARK is like EF Hutton. When E.F. Hutton or in this case Cathy Woods) talks, people listen loL
(02-17-2021, 10:29 AM)divmenow Wrote:

QCOM and ARKG so far.

I avoid anything ARK related lol. I don't trust them. This fund and Kathy Woods is the biggest hype on the planet. Like the plague haha!! They are nothing but a trading company. All they do is trade in and out of stocks. I have them on my news feed and you will be amazed at all the losses they have been taken in companies in the past few weeks. One week they buy CRSP in the $190's range and a week later they sell the name 4 days out 5 repeatedly and lost $20-$30 a share where they purchased it. I can name a dozen other names they have done this too. Every day in fact they are trading in and out of stocks. This is not your typical ETF. Just be careful with that investment. I'm actually surprised you’re buying into it. Seems risky compared what you normally buy   Big Grin  If the market corrects this thing will take a beating. You would be better off buying T    Big Grin

You know as well as I do. When it comes to funds and ETF'S. The biggest winners can easily become the biggest losers the next year   Big Grin . I'm not trying to scare you lol. But ARK is one of the reason this market is the way it is today. Hype leads to excitement and that leads to big losses lol

And sure I hype certain names up lol, but those stocks don't need the hype. They do well no matter hyped or not. I normally get in before the hype begins. They hype after is just an added bonus lol

Note: ARK is like EF Hutton. When E.F. Hutton or in this case Cathy Woods) talks, people listen loL

Ha I agree with you there. Ark is very hyped as much or more then most out there. What ever Ark buys in their ETF'S people run out and buy. True fact. They have had a good track record but like you said they do a lot of trading in and out daily. Redit, Yahoo and others ARK is the talk of the town  Big Grin  But I'm sure Fenders did his homework and wouldn't throw hard earn money away on hype   Big Grin . I'm sure he just added 1 share anyway so how much harm can come from that lol

In all serious I don't get into ETF'S. I want to be in charge if my own investments.

QCOM and ARKG so far.

You applauded when I bought some ARKG last month.  Smile  I am going to build a small position.  I suspect they'll run this one up too.  Whether I stick around or not we'll see.  I can't completely ignore the reality around me.  And yeah I don't do much actively managed ETF stuff.  You usually give it back next year.

I'll try to grab a few more shares of my chips today.  TSM and QCOM at least.  I need to lay off the UTEs for a few days.  I am pretty much where I wanted to be with them a year ago.  I am light on DUK so maybe I'll do a flip if they pull back more. UTE's are experiencing the knee jerk reaction to interest rates we knew was coming. They'll over-react like always.
(02-17-2021, 10:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

QCOM and ARKG so far.

You applauded when I bought some ARKG last month.  Smile  I am going to build a small position.  I suspect they'll run this one up too.  Whether I stick around or not we'll see.  I can't completely ignore the reality around me.  And yeah I don't do much actively managed ETF stuff.  You usually give it back next year.

I'll try to grab a few more shares of my chips today.  TSM and QCOM at least.  I need to lay off the UTEs for a few days.  I am pretty much where I wanted to be  with them a year ago.  I am light on DUK so maybe I'll do a flip if they pull back more.  UTE's are experiencing the knee jerk reaction to interest rates we knew was coming.  They'll over-react like always.

Not me. I would never give me blessing on ARK   Big Grin

TSM, QCOM, DUK, AEP are all good adds here. Now your talking my language lol

The only thing that scares me about QCOM is is looks and sounds too much like WCOM . Lets hope its not the same turnout lol
(02-17-2021, 11:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 10:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

QCOM and ARKG so far.

I'll try to grab a few more shares of my chips today.  TSM and QCOM at least.  I need to lay off the UTEs for a few days.  I am pretty much where I wanted to be  with them a year ago.  I am light on DUK so maybe I'll do a flip if they pull back more.  UTE's are experiencing the knee jerk reaction to interest rates we knew was coming.  They'll over-react like always.

Not me. I would never give me blessing on ARK   Big Grin

TSM, QCOM, DUK, AEP are all good adds here. Now your talking my language lol

The only thing that scares me about QCOM is is looks and sounds too much like WCOM . Lets hope its not the same turnout lol
I'm too lazy to scroll back and quote your lies lol. 

I'm just playing with my new port today. It's weird but I get excited buying a couple shares here and there while my boring core holding just churn.  The new port is growing fast since I can add $2500 a month of my option selling scam income.  I have a lot of puts sold that are expiring the next 9 days and a lot of them are near the money so I feel I should chill with the big commitments in this toppy market.  

Multiple tiny orders still in on the semi's and ARKG.  Just added AAPL and NKE to the new port.  In my face now and I'll add on a real dip or just watch a couple shares run lol.  Might sell my small position in Skyworks and stick in in AAPL.  It's way up and AAPL dependent anyhow.  We'll see.  I believe QCOM will bounce and I'll do more DD that day.

Not sure I'd rate LDOS as a crap stock. IT defense contractor with solid YoY earnings growth for several years, dividend is well covered, and trading right at fair value for expected year-end earnings, based on its 10yr average P/E. The valuation isn't nearly as stretched as a lot of other tech companies. 

[Image: kWcF82i.png]
Looks like one for the watchlist Otter.
Added to LMT, MAIN, and POR today.
Added to BTI today. Reported earnings and beat all over. Stock opened down this morning, so I added more. Been adding all year.
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(02-17-2021, 10:48 AM)stockguru Wrote:

QCOM and ARKG so far.

Ha I agree with you there. Ark is very hyped as much or more then most out there. What ever Ark buys in their ETF'S people run out and buy. True fact. They have had a good track record but like you said they do a lot of trading in and out daily. Redit, Yahoo and others ARK is the talk of the town  Big Grin  But I'm sure Fenders did his homework and wouldn't throw hard earn money away on hype   Big Grin . I'm sure he just added 1 share anyway so how much harm can come from that lol

In all serious I don't get into ETF'S. I want to be in charge if my own investments.
I missed this hit job.  Smile  I have 7 shares of ARKG so far.  Wanted a little exposure to genomics and Super Cathie.  The rest of their funds are too full of insanely over valued stocks.  I have a few index mutuals but I agree individual stocks are more fun.  I just have too many at the moment.
The 20% correction is coming. I can feel it in my bones. Tech is going to get hammered this month. Something is just telling me that. Gold is going to be the new leader now. Buy GOLD and NEM lol ?