Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-27-2021, 10:10 AM)fenders53 Wrote: WBA and KR going a bit MOMO.  I have officially seen it all now.  Smile

At least KR and WBA are real companies and not bankrupt protocol like GME and AMC were. Well now they have plenty of money in the bank lol. I'm sure the CEO is laughing right now from those companies  Big Grin
(01-27-2021, 10:07 AM)stockguru Wrote: Thank god I was able to get out of AMC, GME and BBBY. But they took a while to execute. I still hold BB and SKT

But you HOLD THE LINE. All the way to the moon! That's the whole plan!
(I sold the majority of my AMC too. I took back the $$$ invested...err gambled... and a bit of profit and now I'm GOING TO TEH MOON WITH ELON using house money)

Seriously though. I haven't had THIS much fun in the stock market ever. Reddit and their discord channel have blown up with a ridiculous amount of funny comments, memes etc.
PLTR has become a boring widows and orphans stock in comparison.
(01-27-2021, 10:14 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 10:10 AM)fenders53 Wrote: WBA and KR going a bit MOMO.  I have officially seen it all now.  Smile

At least KR and WBA are real companies and not bankrupt protocol like GME and AMC were. Well now they have plenty of money in the bank lol. I'm sure the CEO is laughing right now from those companies  Big Grin
I did fine in WBA and KR over the course of several months but they have matched what I made in a couple days.  The rest of this foolishness has not been done since the 2000 tech bubble.  It was internet hype induced as well but nothing quite like this with more effective social media.  At least the companies were new then and we thought they were going to make it big.  I just know the SEC is going nuts trying to figure out how to legally put a leash on this monster.  I'm glad you guys made out anyway.  Just logged into my Waterhouse account and it says my port is zero balance.  That sucks, guess I'll start over. Smile
Hypemenow. I do owe you a cold one if we ever end up on the same side of the globe.

Don't worry guys, I'll be back to buying regular profit making and dividend paying stocks next week. Big Grin
(01-27-2021, 10:26 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Hypemenow. I do owe you a cold one if we ever end up on the same side of the globe.

Don't worry guys, I'll be back to buying regular profit making and dividend paying stocks next week. Big Grin

Glad you picked up on his new name.  I was quite disappointed it went unnoticed.   Big Grin
ABNB is now about 15% above where it was when I sold my last round of puts. Was thinking of buying them back and re-selling, but due to implied volatility, the puts are now worth more than I sold them for. Madness.
(01-27-2021, 10:30 AM)Otter Wrote: ABNB is now about 15% above where it was when I sold my last round of puts. Was thinking of buying them back and re-selling, but due to implied volatility, the puts are now worth more than I sold them for. Madness.
That's a harsh reality of selling options when the VIX is low.  Should I just sell the new ones and hope I get a chance to close out the others later?  Sometimes I do that.  It's a great way to get an overweight position if that IV was high for a reason.  Smile  Good luck Otter.  I still can't trade and I missed a few opportunities this morning. Waterhouse is usually reliable unless volume is obscene.  They cost me some money this morning.
NOK up 86% and has been halted 4 times. To the moon ? baby.. Come join GME lol
Sold my MAC calls for more than double. Bought a put on BBBY, lol.

Mostly watching, this is insane. Bb, bbby, mac, amc all have bigger float and way smaller short compared to GME. As shorts try to liquidate their asset + fomo, will drive these prices to certain high but not like gme.

Well, I can just hope that no one gets seriously hurt once this is all done.
(01-27-2021, 11:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: NOK up 86% and has been halted 4 times. To the moon ? baby.. Come join GME lol
Nok has ~ 10 times the float vs GME(~500M). To move $3 you need a $billion atleast I would guess. These are big players making moves now.
(01-27-2021, 11:53 AM)Yo vbin Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 11:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: NOK up 86% and has been halted 4 times.  To the moon ? baby.. Come join GME lol
Nok has ~ 10 times the float vs GME(~500M). To move $3 you need a $billion atleast I would guess. These are big players making moves now.

Elon Musk must be buying shares lol 

EXPR maybe we shops there lol ?