Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(07-30-2020, 11:46 AM)kblake Wrote: What happened to BEP this morning. It's down like $12 from yesterday lol

I know the spin off was completed today but I did't receive any shares on the new company BEPC yet. Your suppose to get 1 share for every 4 shares of BEP you own.

Anyone own? Or know what's going on? Divmenow of Fenders help Wink

I want to buy more but need some clarity first lol

I do not own BEP, but I do own BIP which recently went through what I believe to be a similar process.
So basically the price per share is lower now because there are more shares out there... nothing happened to the value of the company itself. And you own these new shares too. I'm guessing it'll just take a day or two for them to show up on your account.
(07-30-2020, 11:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:46 AM)kblake Wrote: What happened to BEP this morning. It's down like $12 from yesterday lol

I know the spin off was completed today but I did't receive any shares on the new company BEPC yet. Your suppose to get 1 share for every 4 shares of BEP you own.

Stock distribution shell game.  Just a math exercise.  Don't jump on it for that reason.  It didn't really dip today.

And I am about to sell some UPS whether I like it or not.  I bought a ton in the low 90s and sold a covered call recently.  I can usually roll myself forward out of trouble but not when it runs like this.  I'm not telling you to sell your shares, but it sure isn't a screaming buy up here.  UPS is a great DGI stock.  I'll have to wait to re-enter.

I'm not jumping on it. But I just would like to add BEPC. in fact I may just switch BEP to BEPC once the distribution is made. BEPC will be the stronger of the two since its renewable energy side and the future.

Yeah I sold UPS but kept 25 shares as I will slowly add to it again on the downturn. UPS never goes up this much so I thought it was a mirage  Big Grin
(07-30-2020, 12:10 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Stock distribution shell game.  Just a math exercise.  Don't jump on it for that reason.  It didn't really dip today.

And I am about to sell some UPS whether I like it or not.  I bought a ton in the low 90s and sold a covered call recently.  I can usually roll myself forward out of trouble but not when it runs like this.  I'm not telling you to sell your shares, but it sure isn't a screaming buy up here.  UPS is a great DGI stock.  I'll have to wait to re-enter.

I'm not jumping on it. But I just would like to add BEPC. in fact I may just switch BEP to BEPC once the distribution is made. BEPC will be the stronger of the two since its renewable energy side and the future.

Yeah I sold UPS but kept 25 shares as I will slowly add to it again on the downturn. UPS never goes up this much so I thought it was a mirage  Big Grin
UPS quarter is real, but it's a competitive industry and things change in just a few months.  I was worried about Amazon, but both political parties are clearly not playing.  FDX and UPS are safe from anything anti-competitive in nature for a good while.
And this is what happens when fenders get bored. Just sold a ROKU put. (what do they sell by the way?) Kidding Smile

AUG 7th expiration-137 Strike-$455 premium.

Think I'll go buy 10 shares of MO with the premium now so I'll have something to show for it lol. My QQQ puts expire tomorrow so I needed something exciting for next week. Smile
Sold out of my ULTA and bought OLLI as a replacement in my trading portfolio.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ULTA and bought OLLI as a replacement in my trading portfolio.
Can't buy them all but I regretted not pulling the trigger on Ultra several times.  How did you do?
(07-30-2020, 02:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ULTA and bought OLLI as a replacement in my trading portfolio.
Can't buy them all but I regretted not pulling the trigger on Ultra several times.  How did you do?

Up and then down. Lost about 5%.

With work from home and no social gatherings, I'm not expecting a quick recovery for ULTA anymore.

OLLI is a discount store that has been expanding rapidly and looks to have a decent balance sheet. I think it could be a good long-term hold.

I've done well in the past with ROST and DG, and see what BURL and FIVE have done. I think OLLI could be a similar story.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-30-2020, 02:27 PM)EricL Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Up and then down. Lost about 5%.

With work from home and no social gatherings, I'm not expecting a quick recovery for ULTA anymore.

OLLI is a discount store that has been expanding rapidly and looks to have a decent balance sheet. I think it could be a good long-term hold.

I've done well in the past with ROST and DG, and see what BURL and FIVE have done. I think OLLI could be a similar story.
Probably time to walk away.  That should be more about what's likely to happen in the next six months.  ULTA is a good company I'd own on a really hard dip, but their mall presence is going to wreck 2020 Christmas season. 2021 Christmas is too far away. Better opportunities in a trading port.
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And this is what happens when fenders get bored.  Just sold a ROKU put.  (what do they sell by the way?)  Kidding Smile

Think I'll go buy 10 shares of MO with the premium now so I'll have something to show for it lol.  My QQQ puts expire tomorrow so I needed something exciting for next week.  Smile

Very nice move with both QQQ and ROKU!
(07-30-2020, 02:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And this is what happens when fenders get bored.  Just sold a ROKU put.  (what do they sell by the way?)  Kidding Smile

Think I'll go buy 10 shares of MO with the premium now so I'll have something to show for it lol.  My QQQ puts expire tomorrow so I needed something exciting for next week.  Smile

You're holding through earnings?