Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I decided to play the short game lol

Bought SKT, BBY, AMC and SPWR and 10 GME just for kicks. It's up and couldn't pass it up selling at $221 Wink

AMC up 40% after hours haha!! I will keep playing because these shorts will get margin calls come tomorrow. I heard they lost like 92 billion. Wow!!

The shorts are getting crushed. I hate guys like Cintron. They deserve every bit of this lol

Even Elon Musk is joining in the fun lol
I've read about "the "internet" banding together for 25 years to burn the dirty shorts. First time it came true in any real way and this is entertaining. SEC has to be in an emergency meeting again tonight lol.
(01-26-2021, 04:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 12:51 PM)Otter Wrote: Really like LMT down here, as well. Also like LDOS under $105 if it dips that low this year.
I didn't go crazy today because I do give some respect to the "three day rule" for a stock in a hard decline after earnings.  I only grabbed about 10 more shares, but I have been adding one or two now and then since it breached $350.  I am ready to get serious on LMT and just close my eyes for years if I have to.  There are few stocks I have more confidence in a few years down the road.  Not just surviving, but maintaining earnings growth when the unexpected happens.  It's been my plan for some time to make it my largest holding.  I just know political rhetoric is going to throw some cold water on the party at some point.  The market will react whether it is meaningful or not in the short-term.  I would not advise anyone to buy a defense stock if they are going to worry where it is in a few months.  We are paddling against the current, and sentiment is what the market is all about today.

I followed suit, buying10 shares of LMT.  I don't own any individual stock in this sector.  I figured this is as good a price as any to start a position at.
(01-26-2021, 05:33 PM)stockguru Wrote: I decided to play the short game lol

Bought SKT, BBY, AMC and SPWR and 10 GME just for kicks. It's up and couldn't pass it up selling at $221 Wink

AMC up 40% after hours haha!! I will keep playing because these shorts will get margin calls come tomorrow. I heard they lost like 92 billion. Wow!!

The shorts are getting crushed. I hate guys like Cintron. They deserve every bit of this lol

I read 6B on GME. 92B in all shorts?
Added more LMT, sold some oil to raise a but of cash.
(01-26-2021, 06:10 PM)pdaignau Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 04:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 12:51 PM)Otter Wrote: Really like LMT down here, as well. Also like LDOS under $105 if it dips that low this year.
I didn't go crazy today because I do give some respect to the "three day rule" for a stock in a hard decline after earnings.  I only grabbed about 10 more shares, but I have been adding one or two now and then since it breached $350.  I am ready to get serious on LMT and just close my eyes for years if I have to.  There are few stocks I have more confidence in a few years down the road.  Not just surviving, but maintaining earnings growth when the unexpected happens.  It's been my plan for some time to make it my largest holding.  I just know political rhetoric is going to throw some cold water on the party at some point.  The market will react whether it is meaningful or not in the short-term.  I would not advise anyone to buy a defense stock if they are going to worry where it is in a few months.  We are paddling against the current, and sentiment is what the market is all about today.

I followed suit, buying10 shares of LMT.  I don't own any individual stock in this sector.  I figured this is as good a price as any to start a position at.
It's a decent entry.  Probably the best aeronautical defense pure play.  LHX for ground war equipment.  Some of the others have exposure to commercial aviation which may or may not be good for now.  At some point it will likely be an advantage.  (RTX)
(01-26-2021, 06:15 PM)vbin Wrote:

92 billion on all shorts. I told you all to buy AMC. It closed up 64% after hours. This will go to $100 just like GME Big Grin . Its heavily shorted at 38.8 %

I will driving a new Tesla from the proceeds to the movie theater  Big Grin

Guru nice. Your going to be rich. But me a drink the next time I'm in your area lol
(01-26-2021, 08:05 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 06:15 PM)vbin Wrote:

92 billion on all shorts. I told you all to buy AMC. It closed up 64% after hours. This will go to $100 just like GME Big Grin . Its heavily shorted at 38.8 %

Guru nice. Your going to be rich. But me a drink the next time I'm in your area lol
I can give you 10 stocks which are more than 38%. Short. It's the fomo driving the prices not the short squeeze like gme.
Finally read up on why those stocks. That's pretty amazing. Short squeezes happen but I've never seen it to this extreme with multiple stocks being openly manipulated. SEC will probably find a way to squelch it but in my mind it's no more unfair than multiple hedge funds working together shorting a stock into the dirt and hurting the longs and the company.
(01-26-2021, 09:54 PM)vbin Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:05 PM)divmenow Wrote: 92 billion on all shorts. I told you all to buy AMC. It closed up 64% after hours. This will go to $100 just like GME Big Grin . Its heavily shorted at 38.8 %

I can give you 10 stocks which are more than 38%. Short. It's the fomo driving the prices not the short squeeze like gme.

I only "attempt' the short squeeze when they also take out 52 week high. I buy OTM call spreads.
That Reddit website doing some effective cheerleading but they will cause some short squeezes at some point. Some of the stocks do look like normal Momo. There will be bag holders in the end and the fall will be epic.
BA misses earnings by a smidge. Nice quarter Smile