Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(01-25-2021, 07:23 PM)Otter Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote: What? I don't check in for 12 hours and "Hypemenow" is saying a couple stocks are overvalued and gamblers gonna get a lesson?  Did he bump his head?  Smile

I get to play stock market tomorrow.  I need some tickers that will double by the weekend please.

BB appears to be the newest meme stock.
Thanks I will check it out and pretend it's cheap lol. I really will dabble in a few this week.
(01-25-2021, 07:57 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

(01-25-2021, 07:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote: What? I don't check in for 12 hours and "Hypemenow" is saying a couple stocks are overvalued and gamblers gonna get a lesson?  Did he bump his head?  Smile

I get to play stock market tomorrow.  I need some tickers that will double by the weekend please.

Thanks I will check it out and pretend it's cheap lol. I really will dabble in a few this week.
Unlike gme, BB doesn't have a big short position. Also the float is huge compared to GME, be careful.
(01-25-2021, 07:46 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:55 PM)saimash Wrote: Yup... I had purchased 300 shares of NNDM @ 9.10 and cashed out today (had purchased them as the Ark Invest group was heavily investing in it).., I had also bought 200 shares of GOEV in pre-market today (not GEVO) and cashed out of it as well...  Not a bad day's profit !

I love watching "Jerry Romine" on YouTube... seems like he does pretty good analysis without any of the normal BS !
Anyone else you guys follow on YouTube ?

.30 swing?

GOEV: got in with 200 shares @ $15.90 and out at $16.78....  only .88c swing :-)   (Enough to get me my Blue Label bottle from Costco) ;-)
(01-25-2021, 09:42 PM)saimash Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:46 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:55 PM)saimash Wrote: Yup... I had purchased 300 shares of NNDM @ 9.10 and cashed out today (had purchased them as the Ark Invest group was heavily investing in it).., I had also bought 200 shares of GOEV in pre-market today (not GEVO) and cashed out of it as well...  Not a bad day's profit !

I love watching "Jerry Romine" on YouTube... seems like he does pretty good analysis without any of the normal BS !
Anyone else you guys follow on YouTube ?

.30 swing?

GOEV: got in with 200 shares @ $15.90 and out at $16.78....  only .88c swing :-)   (Enough to get me my Blue Label bottle from Costco) ;-)

I'm concerned about my data feed Sad
I don't see GOEV trading that low until after 10AM today?
lvbin

Unlike gme, BB doesn't have a big short position. Also the float is huge compared to GME, be careful.

AMC another one they are running up lol 

Just buy all the most shorted stocks and you will win in this market lol
Added some 01/21/2022 XLE $45.21 calls at the end of the day yesterday for $3.74/contract. An overall energy sector gain of ~10% in a year (Breakevens at expiry are $48.94), when the underlying commodity has risen less than other inflation-sensitive commodities to date seems like a fair bet.
(01-26-2021, 09:22 AM)divmenow Wrote: lvbin

AMC another one they are running up lol 

Just buy all the most shorted stocks and you will win in this market lol
That seems to be working right now lol.  

Buying back a lot of puts I sold last few weeks for 5% of what I sold them for.  Please let something good get hit so I can play again.  Smile  I'm clear on MSFT now so that one would work.  Earnings are often not kind to the stock no matter what they report so we'll see.
Slowly adding to LMT. Yield is finally where I wanted it so maybe I will get full position soon.
(01-26-2021, 11:38 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Slowly adding to LMT.  Yield is finally where I wanted it so maybe I will get full position soon.

Nice add. Every time its gotten down in this $336 area its been a great buy. I added as well

LMT has been over looked. I'm buying for 2 reasons. The dividend and the fact they are big in the drone market. Drones although only small market of what they do will grow over time.

I have done a lot of research in this area and own a few stocks in this space. 

RTX looking good as well. Thinking of buying more.
I'm not holding my breath for a quick run higher but LMT under $350 is good value. They have years of contract backlog orders. If defense spending is frozen for a few years their earnings growth will chug along anyway. Good enough for a core position. I own RTX as well but selling puts every few weeks has been working better for most of the past year. I'll end up with shares whenever the market gets hit. I am guessing space is their best chance of getting some hype this year.
Really like LMT down here, as well. Also like LDOS under $105 if it dips that low this year.
(01-26-2021, 12:51 PM)Otter Wrote: Really like LMT down here, as well. Also like LDOS under $105 if it dips that low this year.
I didn't go crazy today because I do give some respect to the "three day rule" for a stock in a hard decline after earnings.  I only grabbed about 10 more shares, but I have been adding one or two now and then since it breached $350. I am ready to get serious on LMT and just close my eyes for years if I have to.  There are few stocks I have more confidence in a few years down the road.  Not just surviving, but maintaining earnings growth when the unexpected happens.  It's been my plan for some time to make it my largest holding.  I just know political rhetoric is going to throw some cold water on the party at some point.  The market will react whether it is meaningful or not in the short-term.  I would not advise anyone to buy a defense stock if they are going to worry where it is in a few months.  We are paddling against the current, and sentiment is what the market is all about today.